Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Old Dominion road test tomorrow - really nervous (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/34442-old-dominion-road-test-tomorrow-really-nervous.html)

belpre122 07-07-2008 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perchmouth
i ask if he can at least tell me how i did on the road test, and he says he really can't say anything until he hears from them.

Don't read anything into that Perch. Companies commonly prohibit anyone but HR representatives from making any comments regarding hiring and personnel matters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by perchmouth
i'm not sure why the process is taking so long and why this dude won't call me like he says he's going to. right now i have no idea when they'll here from corporate. i've already been drug tested, background checked and had a physical.

Be patient! OD is a big company. A lot of red-tape to overcome until an actual offer-of-employment is to be tendered.

Think positive bro. It's all good.

perchmouth 07-07-2008 10:33 PM

thanks guys. i feel a lot better. i'll just chill and ride this out. if it doesn't come through, i guess i'll have to go with roehl. keep your fingers crossed for me!

perchmouth 07-09-2008 03:44 PM

so when would it be ok to follow up with this guy again? he told me on monday afternoon that he won't know anything until he hears from corporate, and he has a habit of not following up with me.

Jimbpard 07-09-2008 04:44 PM

If you want the job, go after it. Otherwise your just another application to him. I'd call him atleast every 2-3 days.

Snowman7 07-09-2008 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbpard
If you want the job, go after it. Otherwise your just another application to him. I'd call him atleast every 2-3 days.

agreed

Twilight Flyer 07-09-2008 09:40 PM

True, but keep in mind that they're coming off a major industry holiday in which a lot of people were either gone last week or are gone this week...especially corporate. 8) I'd follow up Friday MORNING and then again Monday or Tuesday of next week...give them time to catch up on the paperwork that sat on vacationers desks the past 2 weeks. :)

perchmouth 07-14-2008 07:53 PM

Got word today. They're passing on me because I don't have enough "seat time".

It's a bummer. I guess I'll have to go with Roehl and pay my dues until I have enough experience to qualify for local work.

TomB985 07-15-2008 01:55 AM

If you have any questions about Roehl, send me a PM. I've been here for about 8 months now...

perchmouth 07-15-2008 02:10 AM

Hey Tom - I'm under 50 posts and can't PM yet, so let me know if it's ok to message you via AIM next time you're on line. Thanks.