Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   I actually saw a truck driver do this! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/33006-i-actually-saw-truck-driver-do.html)

Evinrude 03-19-2008 10:03 PM

maybe he had it on cruise.

jonekatz1 03-19-2008 10:26 PM

i actually saw a truck driver do this !

People that have run team together for some time switch drivers without blinking A eye going down the Blvd. nothing new about that :!:

cowdoc 03-20-2008 01:01 AM

Had to have set the cruise or throttle lock if older truck. I was bein facetious I personally try to stay out of the sleeper while drivin.

CrazyTulip 03-20-2008 06:42 AM

Re: i actually saw a truck driver do this !

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonekatz1
People that have run team together for some time switch drivers without blinking A eye going down the Blvd. nothing new about that :!:

:shock: My hubby and I have been driving team for several years now, but NEVER have we done a suicide swap. It'll never happen either. If you're that stupid you ought to not even be out on the road. And Orangetxguy: I'm with you on the staying in the seat and waiting til a rest area or something comes up and if my husband's awake I'll ask him. Some people out here.... :roll: :evil:

ICS 03-20-2008 07:12 AM

about a year ago I came up with this idea and it has served me well. All the stuff that i use up front once in awhile I tie a string to. Red for coffee mug, blue for cell phone, yellow for my magazine. then you tie the other end to something up front, air horn cable, rear view mirror that big red button what ever. then if i ever forget it or need it while driving I just grab the corresponding color string and give it a good yank. Zips right into the cab!

safety first!!!!!

you know if I forgot my lunch of something silly and didn't tie it up well then i'll just zip around a grab it. i mean it is only 70" away.

Chasing Daylight 03-20-2008 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICS
about a year ago I came up with this idea and it has served me well. All the stuff that i use up front once in awhile I tie a string to. Red for coffee mug, blue for cell phone, yellow for my magazine. then you tie the other end to something up front, air horn cable, rear view mirror that big red button what ever. then if i ever forget it or need it while driving I just grab the corresponding color string and give it a good yank. Zips right into the cab!

safety first!!!!!

you know if I forgot my lunch of something silly and didn't tie it up well then i'll just zip around a grab it. i mean it is only 70" away.

I hope you don't grab that magazine cord while driving.

got mud? 03-21-2008 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chasing Daylight
Quote:

Originally Posted by ICS

safety first!!!!!

I hope you don't grab that magazine cord while driving.

rear view mirror?