Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Another Story (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/32977-another-story.html)

matcat 03-18-2008 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driver10
never mind...I knew this would be too difficult for truckdrivers to understand.

LOL

That is just wrong, you are painting a partial picture and expecting us to understand it when most of the canvas you are painting on is white with no detail.

ohiomohawk 03-18-2008 04:16 AM

Quote:

LOL

Thats really good.

If being a carsalesman does not work out you might make a good politician.

matcat 03-18-2008 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohiomohawk
Quote:

LOL

Thats really good.

If being a carsalesman does not work out you might make a good politician.

I agree on this one! Lieing, playing down issues, and generalizing, all signs of a politician.

ohiomohawk 03-18-2008 04:26 AM

Yeah, the title of this thread is "Another story" and it certainly is......

matcat 03-18-2008 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohiomohawk
Yeah, the title of this thread is "Another story" and it certainly is......

Yeah one he is NOT telling us

driver10 03-18-2008 04:43 AM

That's fine guys.Laugh it up.
I tried ...moving on...

matcat 03-18-2008 05:10 AM

You obviously didn't try very hard, or you would of included more details.

TimberWolf 03-18-2008 02:25 PM

Hey Driver10, No offense meant by any means however when I went to work for UPS Frieght they said they needed me right away too. I told them there was no way I could start until I gave my 2 weeks to my employer, it was only fair. they dealt with it and I have been there 8 months now...
When I was an executive Chef I would never hire anyone who was willing to leave a job with ougiving proper notice. If you will do it to one employer chances are good you will do it to me as well...

Timberwolf

golfhobo 03-20-2008 05:54 PM

The problem here is NOT one of comprehension (for once!) It is in the way the O.P. presented his situation.

He QUIT the otr job.... but that is NOT the one that was questioned!

On his app for LTL, he listed ANOTHER (non trucking) job that he was FIRED FROM for poor performane IIRC. For THIS job.... he gave the "reason" as being "laid off!"

THAT is what the LTL company "caught" as a lie, or mistruth, and THAT is why they had to let him go.

Too bad he didn't join the forum and read enough BEFORE he tried to switch jobs, or he'd have KNOWN it was better to just tell the truth.

Phantom433a 03-20-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo
The problem here is NOT one of comprehension (for once!) It is in the way the O.P. presented his situation.

He QUIT the otr job.... but that is NOT the one that was questioned!

On his app for LTL, he listed ANOTHER (non trucking) job that he was FIRED FROM for poor performane IIRC. For THIS job.... he gave the "reason" as being "laid off!"

THAT is what the LTL company "caught" as a lie, or mistruth, and THAT is why they had to let him go.

You straightened it out before I got to it Hobo.

Posters (and yes I'm guilty as well) need to read or reread a post to make sure its clear in your mind before making a comment.