Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers
You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Might be my new local gig, what do think (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/32865-might-my-new-local-gig-what-do-think.html)

sbatson 03-12-2008 12:37 AM

Might be my new local gig, what do think

I work m-f, Saturday if I want OT running all over Texas,and to New Mexico, Ok,La, and to Ohio ever so often and paid $150 a day after 90 $170 a day and I find out everything 2-morrow but I dont know if I'm out all week or just ever so often. What do you think? :?:

WOLF RIVER 03-12-2008 12:43 AM

I guess the question is how many hours per day??? Are you working 10 off 14 on or is it less hours in the day??? I just took a job that pays 15.5 per hour plus time and a half after eight. They run 4 12 hour days.. Plus alot of ther perks too. Plus I get paid from the time I start util the time the tractor is parked.

If you are driving for 11 and a total day of 14 hours you are working for 12.14 per hour. If your working less then its better for you

WOLF RIVER 03-12-2008 12:46 AM

I almost forgot - home every day and off Fri, Sat and Sun too.

sbatson 03-12-2008 12:48 AM

Well I dont know the start time yet, will 2-morrow, but she said if you get done at 1 fine if its 6 fine but have to be done by 6 because receivers close at that time and I dont know if I'm out all week or home everyday.

sbatson 03-12-2008 12:49 AM

Its M-F and Sat. if I want Over time, but dont have to.

WOLF RIVER 03-12-2008 01:18 AM

Good luck

Drew10 03-12-2008 02:04 AM

Before you get a good reply on this survey, we will need more info on the job. Just from your initial overview, doesnt sound to local, sounds like you will be out many days. Is this OTR? with sleeper? Daycab and motels? What are the Bennies? Drop and Hook, Live load/unload? etc.
Also clarify:

Originally Posted by :
$150 a day after 90 $170 a day

, How can you work after 90 if you can only legally log 70? Just need more clarification.
Also, are you looking to work local verses OTR, What is it you want?

Colts Fan 03-12-2008 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Drew10:
Before you get a good reply on this survey, we will need more info on the job. Just from your initial overview, doesnt sound to local, sounds like you will be out many days. Is this OTR? with sleeper? Daycab and motels? What are the Bennies? Drop and Hook, Live load/unload? etc.
Also clarify:

Originally Posted by :
$150 a day after 90 $170 a day

, How can you work after 90 if you can only legally log 70? Just need more clarification.
Also, are you looking to work local verses OTR, What is it you want?

I think what he means is after 90 days his pay bumps up to $170/day. But I agree that more info on the job needs to be given.

sbatson 03-12-2008 01:19 PM

Thats right after 90 days its $170 a day, and I guess OTR,will find out all details today and it is a day cab with hotel and if I go to Ohio it will be a sleeper and I will have a couple of stops a day and they are at Home Depots and Office Max and I do unload but I have a helper and when I go to Ohio I pull doubles to there and pick up one and bring it back. And I dont know if home every day or out all week but will know soon enough, and I look at it thats it better then being all over the place and being going for weeks at a time.

Mackman 03-12-2008 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by sbatson:
Its M-F and Sat. if I want Over time, but dont have to.

If you get a day rate SAT is not OT. Just xtra money