Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   advice (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/32841-advice.html)

jagerbomber3.0 07-02-2009 07:20 PM

Good louck over there, hope it all goes well, going to Iraq probably should not be scary for you since you lived through being in the truck with just your own in experienced self and another student and no trainer. Wow, i cant believe they set students loose with other students with no trainer...kinda scary stuff.

Orangetxguy 07-05-2009 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xcarsalesman (Post 455024)
hey fellas! its been awhile since i post anything, Just wanted to bring you up to speed. As you can see from my op, i had problems getting hired. Well, i went to orientation with CR England thats was march '07. To make a long story short, i quit and flew home from UT. I took a couple of months off, and started back hitting the pavement, putting applications out. The only company that responded back was PTL. So, after asking questions with the recruiter, i decided to give it a shot. The recruiter was up front with everything. At PTL you dont have a triainer to go out with you. They put two students in a truck ,give you a load and your off, this was june '07. Boy! you talking about some scary stuff, try to sleep with someone driving and they have the same experience as you. At PTl the truck has to do 30,000 miles before you can go solo. well we made 30,000 miles and we both got our trucks. Its alot diffent driving solo than teams. i got my truck in aug '07 , PTL keep me busy, i was average about 2500 miles a wk. everything was going great until i got a phone call. My readiness NCO call me , to tell me my name come up to go to iraq. So, i had to take a leave of absence December 1 2008. After, 4 months of training in the US. I have arrived here in baghdad april 16. I really miss driving! Sorry for the long post!!

Be safe over there! Come home healthy. PTL will still be there.

Thanks for going!

Fredog 07-05-2009 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc0iv (Post 369526)
Well since you didn't like Wikipedia how about these:

Jalopnik - A Guide to Open Container Laws - Feature
Drinking And Driving Legal In Some States
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving - Media Center -- Take Action!
Which states do not have an "open container" law.
www.newszap.com
The Indiana Law Blog: Indiana Law - The open container law

That is 6 other websites that says the same thing. Please take special notice at madd.org. I think you would agree if any goup knows the open container laws it would be them.

Maybe before you make such a statement you do a little on your own. I know I did.

kc0iv

this applies to regular vehicles.. NOT trucks.
Subpart B—Prohibitions §382.207 Pre-duty use. No driver shall perform safety-sensitive functions within four hours after using alcohol. No employer having actual knowledge that a driver has used alcohol within four hours shall permit a driver to perform or continue to perform safety-sensitive functions.

DaveP 07-05-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xcarsalesman (Post 369350)
well!, after all the turn down from:
kllm
us xpress
trans am
crete
jb hunt- no word back!
schneider-only lookin for team drivers, have to find my on partner!

well, cr england is the only company will pre hire me, going to orientation on 3/24. i know now here comes all the negative comments. but anyway i will keep you posted!

Not sure about the others but w/2 DUI's you'll need 15 yrs since the last one for JB Hunt. That came from a recruiter.

[EDIT]...just noticed I was a tad bit slow with this post.

xcarsalesman 02-28-2010 07:00 PM

Well fellas im back..... i got back about 3wks ago. Im glad to be here to tell this.. Im thinking about going back to work very soon... i hate sitting around doing nothing. Just wanted to say hello and i will be back on the road soon.

GMAN 03-01-2010 11:21 PM

Welcome back. Do you plan on going back with PTL?

xcarsalesman 03-02-2010 04:43 AM

Yes, they are sending me back to orientation for two days on 3 mar 2010. The only reason for the two days orientation is i been gone for 18 mo. I just want to get back out there, i hate to say it i honestly miss driving.