Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   LOOKIN CLEAN CUT?????????? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/32531-lookin-clean-cut.html)

line_transporter 02-21-2008 09:31 PM

When I first started as a driver, I'd go to interviews and road tests in formal clothes. I soon learned that it really doesn't matter what you wear, because you're gonna crawl around on the ground under the truck, get oil on yourself and turn into a grease monkey by the end of the day.

Useless 02-21-2008 10:14 PM

[quote="BeauteousRot"]
if you were interested in a serious answer, it means things like No facial piercings, collar length hair for men, clean styled hair for women, no ripped jeans and muscle shirts. you know, common sense stuff.

Useless Reply:

So, a question here:

What do you call a driver with no facial piercings, collar length hair for men, clean styled hair for women, no ripped jeans, or muscle shirts??

Answer??

A TRAINEE!!

repete 02-22-2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by line_transporter
When I first started as a driver, I'd go to interviews and road tests in formal clothes. I soon learned that it really doesn't matter what you wear, because you're gonna crawl around on the ground under the truck, get oil on yourself and turn into a grease monkey by the end of the day.

SAY WHAT!! :shock: :shock: Where was that

Skywalker 02-22-2008 06:41 PM

Re: LOOKIN CLEAN CUT??????????

Quote:

Originally Posted by unemployeddriver
I have seen many times on ads about LOOKING CLEAN CUT......
So I'm just wondering what they mean about BEING CLEAN CUT. I've seen alot of drivers and they are not super models(no offense), if you know anything about it let me(theDumba##) know...

Being "clean cut" means you look "presentable". Non-offensive, neutral, and can basically not upset someone with your appearance or body odor.

Sadly....it seems that many people in this industry seem to be afraid of soap.

To me, cleancut....is to be clean, neat, and presentable. You don't offend a person next to you with body odor....and your clothes are clean.

You maintain yourself with some sense of pride in your appearance....unless you are beyond the pale and think 17 studs in your nose, ears and eyelids are "kewl".....(sorry folks.... I can't think of a single reason to poke holes in body parts)

Aligator 02-22-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unemployeddriver
I have seen many times on ads about LOOKING CLEAN CUT......
So I'm just wondering what they mean about BEING CLEAN CUT. I've seen alot of drivers and they are not super models(no offense), if you know anything about it let me(theDumba##) know...

You don't know what "clean cut" means because you are not old enough. We old guys refer to someone who is neatly dressed and does not need a haircut as "clean cut".
I'm clean cut. I never get caught needing a shave, or haircut, or smelling bad, or wearing dirty clothes...etc.
Barak Obama is clean cut. Michael Moore is not. :lol:

Phantom433a 02-22-2008 07:30 PM

[quote="unless you are beyond the pale and think 17 studs in your nose, ears and eyelids are "kewl".....(sorry folks.... I can't think of a single reason to poke holes in body parts)[/quote]

Coz its a great place to keep fishin' lures :lol:

chuck3507 02-22-2008 07:46 PM

I know I will get blasted for saying this, but clean cut means not looking like a danged truck driver.

Skywalker 02-22-2008 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuck3507
I know I will get blasted for saying this, but clean cut means not looking like a danged truck driver.

I certainly won't blast you for it.....because "I AGREE"!! :mrgreen:

unemployeddriver 02-22-2008 09:40 PM

I appreciate it dudes and dudetts.....

line_transporter 02-23-2008 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by repete
Quote:

Originally Posted by line_transporter

SAY WHAT!! :shock: :shock: Where was that

I was working in Canada (you're probably thinking was I a mechanic? haha.. nah.)