Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Made A Tough Decision Last Week (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/31841-made-tough-decision-last-week.html)

unkut2003 01-15-2008 07:47 AM

Made A Tough Decision Last Week

Well I got tired of being forced to run illegal, my paychecks always being short and me having to argue to get it right, for rollin crappy equiptment that always breaks down and is a magnet for D.O.T., SO..... needless to say, I no longer work at unorganized, unethical, Spartan Logistics!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to Pepsi (inside connection) for a couple years to let my driving record clear out.... then off to a LTL carrier, or a respectable and reputable company none the less!

Its been fun, a crazy ride to say the least!!! Thanks for everything and I'll keep you updated as my journey and faith progress me...... :arrow:

RebelDarlin 01-15-2008 01:47 PM

BOL Unkut. Sounds like you made a wise choice for you and your family.

Reb

unkut2003 01-15-2008 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RebelDarlin
BOL Unkut. Sounds like you made a wise choice for you and your family.

Reb

THANKS! It was really hard to walk away from that amount of cash but whats hard usually seems to be whats right.

ajritter04 01-15-2008 05:03 PM

Re: Made A Tough Decision Last Week

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkut2003
I'm going to Pepsi (inside connection) for a couple years to let my driving record clear out.... then off to a LTL carrier, or a respectable and reputable company none the less!

Out of curiosity as a former Pepsi driver, which position are you going to be taking?

Bulk delivery, bay delivery, etc?

unkut2003 01-15-2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajritter04
Quote:

Out of curiosity as a former Pepsi driver, which position are you going to be taking?

Nice! Yeah I drove for Coca-Cola for 6 years, but at Pepsi I'm gonna go into Merchandising/Jockey. This will get me off the road for a couple years to allow my record to clear up. Position starts off as seasonal... :roll: Which is what they "have" to do per Teamsters at $11hr. Then after 90 days it jumps to $16.50..... and then $18.00 after a year!!! So it should more then hold me over..... :wink:

Karnajj 01-15-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Nice! Yeah I drove for Coca-Cola for 6 years, but at Pepsi I'm gonna go into Merchandising/Jockey. This will get me off the road for a couple years to allow my record to clear up. Position starts off as seasonal... :roll: Which is what they "have" to do per Teamsters at $11hr. Then after 90 days it jumps to $16.50..... and then $18.00 after a year!!! So it should more then hold me over..... :wink:

You stay completely off the road for two years and you will be back to square one as far as your cdl is concerned. You can forget about an ltl position.

unkut2003 01-15-2008 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karnajj
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You stay completely off the road for two years and you will be back to square one as far as your cdl is concerned. You can forget about an ltl position.

WRONG!!! I'l still be "driving" as far as the books are concerned.... as a jockey, but Pepsi on reports driving, or non-driving positions... :) YES.... this has been throughly investigated and confirmed by many before my decision was made.

Colts Fan 01-15-2008 05:59 PM

You want to be sure that Pepsi counts as verifiable experience. Wasn't there a guy on another thread who worked for Pepsi and tried to get another gig only to find that when prospective employers called Pepsi they wouldn't verify experience?

unkut2003 01-15-2008 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts Fan
You want to be sure that Pepsi counts as verifiable experience. Wasn't there a guy on another thread who worked for Pepsi and tried to get another gig only to find that when prospective employers called Pepsi they wouldn't verify experience?

Yeah, you can't call Pepsi, or Coke and verify experience. Its against their policies. They can say you worked there and how long, but thats it. You need to contact a place called The Work Number. They provide the details..... its basically a third part HR... :roll: To avoid any legalities and what not. I worked for Coke and verified my driving with them and never had any prespective employer blink an eye.

Karnajj 01-15-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karnajj
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WRONG!!! I'l still be "driving" as far as the books are concerned.... as a jockey, but Pepsi on reports driving, or non-driving positions... :) YES.... this has been throughly investigated and confirmed by many before my decision was made.

Sorry buddy but you are the one who is wrong here. Unless the vehicle you are driving is class A most companies will not consider it to be experience.