Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   dac report info (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/29541-dac-report-info.html)

WHLSOFSTL726012 02-21-2009 05:30 PM

werner / dac reports

yeah werners good for throwin stuff on dacs that dont belong there. i reported a trailer damage that a lumper in rochester caused, it was a presealed trailer so i couldnt pretrip the inside of it.......it went on my report.

Windwalker 02-28-2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belpre122 (Post 416997)
What would make you think that GMAN?:cool:

Most likely, a simple assumption (unwarranted), just like me. I knew a woman named Nichols once. Held a very good conversation. Little short thing... Only thing around that was shorter than her stature was her "fuse"... But not bad looking at all.

No, her first name was not Coleen, so we've never met that I know of.

And, on that assumption... I did, also, but really can't say I thought about it that much either.

Cluggy619 04-02-2009 04:24 PM

It's rather funny that so many companies will pay for a DAC report before hiring a driver, but never submit one when the driver leaves.

Me, being a job hopper, have worked for several companies over the years, but only a few reported to DAC.

I also have a couple of companies that I never work for report to DAC. It's usually because I went to orientation, or I turned down their offer of employment for something better.

Any ideals as to why they report like that?

Fredog 04-03-2009 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windwalker (Post 440626)
Most likely, a simple assumption (unwarranted), just like me. I knew a woman named Nichols once. Held a very good conversation. Little short thing... Only thing around that was shorter than her stature was her "fuse"... But not bad looking at all.

No, her first name was not Coleen, so we've never met that I know of.

And, on that assumption... I did, also, but really can't say I thought about it that much either.

I dated a really short woman once, but I had to break up with her, she kept sticking her nose in my business

Cluggy619 04-21-2009 05:44 AM

Well, after mailing my request for my DAC report over 2 weeks ago, I still don't have it.

It is totally unfair that a company can get your DAC report within 24-48 hours, if it even takes that long, but a driver get's screwed around when they request their own DAC report.

WTF does it take to get my own DAC report?

Does anyone know of a good, cheap, site where a driver can order it?

And forget that Untitled Page site...it just transfer you to this site : Motor Vehicle Records Checks

And it so confusing, you can't just order your DAC report.

This is total BS. There are laws that protect people's credit report, there should be some laws protecting drivers' right to obtain their own DAC report. We, as drivers, should be able to obtain our own DAC report as quick as the companies do.

That's all I want. Just some fairness in retrieving the report. Because we all know that fighting them is next to impossible.

Senorjhawk 05-06-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holeshot (Post 381805)
Does anyone know how long information stored within a DAC report is kept on file? Does the report go back to your first DAC-reportable company or just ten years?

Here's an article with time periods on the DAC. In short, it depends on what info you're talking about.

Exactly what Information is on a "DAC Report"?

geargrinder 05-11-2009 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senorjhawk (Post 449251)
Here's an article with time periods on the DAC. In short, it depends on what info you're talking about.

Exactly what Information is on a "DAC Report"?

Like cluggy I have went through quite a few companies. The DAC stuff is all pretty innocuous. dates, satisfactory, review before rehire. Of course, I don't go around smashing up peoples equipment and then say, it was like that when I got it.

The trick is to quit before they find out about your bad habits:lol2:

bigtruckman 05-15-2009 01:39 PM

well let me ask you guys these, what would bar other companies from looking at you once they find out that there is a backing incident on your record say you have three two with minimal paint transfer and one with no damage but the company has them listed as undetermined? :confused:

bigtruckman 05-15-2009 01:56 PM

big jeep did big blue remove your undetermained from dac? i have two non preventable parking lot incidents and they have them lisited as undetermained not sure if they are on my dac are not but when this new company i want to go with called them big blue told them about them but gave them no info on the incidents.

dle 06-19-2009 03:22 AM

Don't know if this was posted, but here is the web address for getting the DAC report

USIS | Consumers - Information for Consumers