Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Abandonment Question. (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/28792-abandonment-question.html)

08-09-2007 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Even over here at JB over half of the turnover comes from drivers being fired.

So let's see here. JB Hunt has around 12,000 total power units. Apply an industry-standard 120% turnover rate and that means 14,400 drivers churn through the company per year. If over half the turnover comes from drivers being canned, that means JB Hunt FIRES around 7,750 drivers PER YEAR?!?!?!

This is truly amazing.

Cluggy619 08-09-2007 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
The turnover rate is high all though the industry. Hell, the company Im trying to recruit for right now is probably one of the best jobs Ive ever seen in the industry, 70k per year and local. They have a extreemly high turnover, which is why they hired us to recruit for them. Now before you say "they wouldnt have a high turnover rate if they were that great". That couldnt be further from the truth. Their high turnover rate comes from their insanely high qualifications for being a driver there. Even 1 ticket and you are canned. They only want the best drivers working there and they wont settle for anything less.
Ive mentioned this before on this board, but bears mentioning again. Even over here at JB over half of the turnover comes from drivers being fired. Take away drivers terminated, drivers quiting for various personal reasons....and just leave drivers who quit because they werent happy, you are looking at about 20%. 20% really isnt that bad.

So let me get this correct.

50% of your turnover rate are fired.
20% of your turnover rate quit because they didn't like it there.
So that leaves 30% quiting for various reasons. This is the percentage of your turnover rate.

So what is your turnover rate per year?

And what amases me is that your happy with the percentage that didn't like the company.....what about those that just gave you all the finger and left, without giving a exit interview?

Mackman 08-09-2007 06:55 AM

Venezia transport on there website said they have there turnover down to 45% from over 85% 3 years ago. Is that good?????

larryh31 08-09-2007 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cluggy619
And what amases me is that your happy with the percentage that didn't like the company.....what about those that just gave you all the finger and left, without giving a exit interview?

A 120% turnover rate is fantastic if your are a recruiter, trainer or own a trucking school. They all will never be without a job :D :D

ben45750 08-09-2007 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DD60
Let me guess.You must be a J.B. Hunt driver. :lol: I have never driven nor have ever had a desire to drive for J.B. hunt or any other large company for that matter. If J.B. hunt is such a good place to drive for than why are they always flooding the truckstop booklets with ads and even having recruiters checking pulses for potential candidates at various truckstops? :lol:

I don't work for JB Hunt although I have worked work for them in the past. I was only there for 3 1/2 months because I was layed off from another trucking job, I didn't quit them and they hired me knowing I was not going to stay.

I give Cluggy crap for his disgruntled comments about JB Hunt BUT....... I do have a respect for him because he actually worked for JB Hunt. The greatest thing about working for JB Hunt was listening to guys like you, following me into a truckstop telling everyone on the CB to watch out because a JB Hunt is looking for a parking spot. I would hit my spot the first try and then watch bigmouth take 5 pull ups to get into a spot and then you never heard another word out of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DD60
You don't have to turn a wheel on a large carrier's truck to see that they are bottom barrel.

So UPS, Fedex, Conway and YRC (Yellow,Roadway and USF) are bottom of the barrel company's? They are all bigger than JB Hunt. Hate to tell you but most of the guys working for the big company's are the top earners in the trucking industry. Your thinking makes no sense.

ladydrifter 08-12-2007 12:14 AM

sounds like you are more upset than daddy..........