Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   US 30 in PA (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/28553-us-30-pa.html)

evertruckerr 07-28-2007 12:36 PM

I'm probably throwing myself under the bus here, but I've been through Gettysburg twice with a 53' and don't recall seeing any length restriction signs(however it was dark and raining both times). Not to mention I saw a number of others trucks doing the same thing. There are a couple of round-a-bouts but there is plenty of room to clear the curbs.

If the restriction does exist, I'll consider myself lucky and avoid the area until I get a clarification.

Double R 07-28-2007 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evertruckerr
I'm probably throwing myself under the bus here, but I've been through Gettysburg twice with a 53' and don't recall seeing any length restriction signs(however it was dark and raining both times). Not to mention I saw a number of others trucks doing the same thing. There are a couple of round-a-bouts but there is plenty of room to clear the curbs.

If the restriction does exist, I'll consider myself lucky and avoid the area until I get a clarification.

Front of the Rand MCA has it listed as a restriction. There are signs posted. They will nail you hard if caught.

silvan 07-28-2007 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evertruckerr

It definitely existed, with posted signs, the last time I was up there. I don't know what might have changed since then, but I'd be surprised if anything has.

driver67373 07-28-2007 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double R
I81 north to 581 east to I83 south to Route 30 in York, PA
OR

Although I wasn't able to check back here before I made my delivery that is the way I decided to go, turns out my exit was 12 miles north of York on I-83, but it's still considered York. lol. Thanks guys.

Crash935 07-28-2007 11:15 PM

Did you go to ES3?

driver67373 07-28-2007 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash935
Did you go to ES3?

Not sure what that is...I went to York Mixing Co. I-83 xt 28. BIG PLACE. Took me 20 minutes to find my empty, only Crete empty on the lot. Crete driver that got there after me, came up to me and asked if there were anymore. I told him they said this was the only one there. Poor guy lol.

rvrjr7 07-29-2007 12:40 AM

I like us30 across pa the only thing is its hilly and i ran it at gross but its great running 8)

driver67373 07-29-2007 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvrjr7
I like us30 across pa the only thing is its hilly and i ran it at gross but its great running 8)

I drove US 322 coming from Harrisburg going up to I80 yesterday evening. That was one beautiful drive. PA is a beautiful state all around.

07-29-2007 09:05 PM

I guess I am throwing myself under the bus as well, i rolled through there with a 53 footer myself, saw the signs to late like the other poster said....but i gotta say, they must not crack down on it to hard or there are just a lot of people that dont care because i was accompanied by several other trucks going in both directions with not a single one being pulled over. I was in Gettysburg in my car with my wife just 3 weeks ago as well and noticed a few trucks passing right through..... i dont recomend just ignoring signs and doing whatever you want, I'm just saying that by my observations and experiences there, that restriction is not observed very well by many drivers.

allan5oh 07-29-2007 10:52 PM

just a question, what is the bypass like? Or is it even considered a bypass?