Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers
You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Pulling my post (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/28134-pulling-my-post.html)

GMAN 07-09-2007 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by married to the road:
One thing I could never understand was handicapped parking at a t/s for a big rig. I did see one driver with a metal leg once. But still, I can't imagine a truck driver with a wheel chair trying to get out.

There are some drivers who may have health problems, such as a bad knee, which makes it difficult to walk very far. It is also good for those who may take a spouse with them who may not be able to walk very far due to health reasons. More drivers are taking their spouses with them these days.

Cripplecreek 07-09-2007 12:58 AM

Actually they have a device now that scans text and translates it to spoken launguage for the blind. Get one of those and hearing aid and you should be good to go.

Skywalker 07-09-2007 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Part Time Dweller:
It might just be legit......................after all, they have braille on the drive up atm machines. :lol:

You're right....and I've wondered about that.... :? :? Scary isn't it :?: :?:

Ridge Runner 07-09-2007 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Skywalker:

Originally Posted by Part Time Dweller:
It might just be legit......................after all, they have braille on the drive up atm machines. :lol:

You're right....and I've wondered about that.... :? :? Scary isn't it :?: :?:

After thinking about this, I guess some blind people do take cabs or have a friend drive them. I wouldn't want to give my PIN # to a cab driver.

Ridge Runner 07-09-2007 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by :
"I'm hearing impaired & Blind.Do they make A log book & maps with those
raised dot's on them?"

Thanks!

That was the entire post. Also vvax had made a couple of other posts right before the post in question, stating he was a driver and asking newbie type questions. Another thing was his time here on the board ( 11-05 ) I knew he wasn't a trouble maker. I just thought it was a joke and didn't belong in this forum. After reading some of the other replies I guess it could be a legit question.....BUT..... I don't ( didn't ) think I would want a blind person doing the route planning :P

Golfhobo: You are right about the posters here setting people straight and being able to police from within. I guess I shouldn't try to be so "proactive" in the furture. :lol:

That is one of the great things about this board. I screwed up and ya'll took it as such. ( No harm no foul ). Heck, with the new "heading" it will probably get even more hits. :P

VVAX: Sorry :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ridge

Blind Driver 07-09-2007 11:10 PM

Re: Pulling my post

Originally Posted by vvax:
Just curious,what rule did I break with this post,that got it pulled?

"I'm hearing impaired & Blind.Do they make A log book & maps with those
raised dot's on them?"

Thanks!

Did I offend the blind truckers union or sumpin?

Watch it buddy or your gonna offend someone and get this post pulled. :wink:

Jumbo 07-10-2007 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by married to the road:
One thing I could never understand was handicapped parking at a t/s for a big rig. I did see one driver with a metal leg once. But still, I can't imagine a truck driver with a wheel chair trying to get out.

Drivers with wheelchairs isn't out of the question. I read an article some time back about a driver who was in a wheelchair. He had the lift built into the sleeper and ran in an all drop and hook operation.