Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   You ever worked for a OTR company that has weekends off? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/25600-you-ever-worked-otr-company-has-weekends-off.html)

ohiomohawk 03-14-2007 10:13 PM

You ever worked for a OTR company that has weekends off?

Tell me what company and whether they kept thier word or used it to get you in there.

It seems like it would be a tough task and a logistical nightmare to get a whole fleet of drivers off for the weekend.

Also did you get fri and sat or sat and sun or even sun and mon off?

Double R 03-14-2007 10:26 PM

National Freight.

I NEVER had a problem getting home on weekends. Was usally home by 3pm on fridays. One time I did work a weekend BUt that was an exception. I was sent to Walmart in Marcy,Ny for five days to back up our dedicated drivers.

Would leave out sunday, my choice. I was on a dedicated account out and back all week with local deliveries on friday. :D

Most National drivers are home week ends. they do a decent job of keeping their word.

Now I get every weekend off and am home every night. :D

millersod215 03-14-2007 10:38 PM

Commercial Carriers got me home every weekend, and i ran the entire east coast and mid west, no west coast though. Got good miles in my 5 days out, and was home for saturdays and sundays.

SteveNeer 03-14-2007 10:48 PM

Averitt Express

I have worked with them for 6 months. I get home ever friday and leave on Sunday night.

Malaki86 03-14-2007 11:40 PM

I'm home almost every weekend now (this past weekend was an exception as they offered me a high paying load that delivered on Monday morning 1,200 miles from home). I run from Maine to Florida, west as far as I-35.

Aligator 03-15-2007 01:20 AM

Action Transportation
Home every weekend (sometimes Saturday, though) and home once during the week too.
You must live in NE Mississippi to work there. That's because they bring it all home every weekend and start all over.

silvan 03-15-2007 03:08 AM

Re: You ever worked for a OTR company that has weekends off?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohiomohawk
Tell me what company and whether they kept thier word or used it to get you in there.

Most of them are lying through their teeth, but I did find one. Sadly, they are gone now. :(

Most of the rest IME are just trying to get you into the training thing, so they can show you the diagram that explains how "home every weekend" means "bend over and grab your ankles stupid."

It all depends on where you live though. The problem is when you live in BFE, like I do.

serbie 03-15-2007 06:34 AM

Arnold Transportation

Get me home every weekend, late after noon, early fri night, don't leave again till late sun night, early mon morning.

coastie 03-15-2007 12:45 PM

I had 2 companies that I was home on weekends 90% of the time. If I was not it was my choice or an execption due to some type of an event.

What use to be called CPS Trucking, (Out of Business now) Leave out on Sunday Night and home on Friday. Paid Hud Miles.

Centery Granite Company. They run 3 Trucks, 2 when I was working for them. They would load me on Monday, and I would leave out Monday night. Make 9 to 18 drops and be home Friday the latest, first trip I was home on Thursday at 3 PM. Only time I was out over the weekend I got delayed due to getting sick on the road, then Crane Breaking down and getting stuck in Snow in Baltimore at a Cementary... Trip from H*!!.....

Snowman7 03-15-2007 04:21 PM

I assume you're in Ohio? Flatbeds will get you home. No BS. I worked for Valley Trans in Ashland and never missed once. All the days off I could afford to take, which wasnt many LOL. If you like bigger go with Maverick or TMC.