Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Down to 3 companies/types (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/23947-down-3-companies-types.html)

rcpilot 01-17-2007 08:18 PM

Thansk for the info.. I have been talking to a few of there drivers to get the real scoop :D I'm not a t all affraid of working, I too look at it as a way to keep in shape... and after I saw a extremely long line of refers waiting out side a Dole plant here in Cali at 1 a.m. I don't hink I want to be one of them :shock:

Goin Fer It 01-17-2007 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcpilot
Thansk for the info.. I have been talking to a few of there drivers to get the real scoop :D I'm not a t all affraid of working, I too look at it as a way to keep in shape... and after I saw a extremely long line of refers waiting out side a Dole plant here in Cali at 1 a.m. I don't hink I want to be one of them :shock:

No problem! I know my husband has more normal hours in flat bedding than he did pulling dry van.

He had a midnight drop once up in a Fred Meyer store in Seattle :shock: and he said they had plenty of room to allow the trucks to park there for the night but that they would not allow them to do so.

And at that time all the truckstops are full :sad:

I know we had heard allot of things regarding flatbedding for newbies but he likes it. And the more experience he gets at tarping the quicker it will go.

Goin Fer It's Wife

ronjon619 01-17-2007 09:00 PM

Quote:

United Road is willing to bring me on... just can't find alot of info on them... saw one of their trucks at my Nissan Dealer one day and thats how I found out about them... seriously looking at TMC right now for flatbed...

If URS is willing to hire you with 4 months behind the wheel, I would jump all over it. You live smack in the middle of all frieght lanes for carhaulers in CA. You will make good money and be home alot. Running from So. Cal. to No. Cal you can be loaded both ways and be home. We have alot of guys that live in Stockton, Modesto, Tulare, Bakersfield, Santa Maria, Frenso. I would take that offer and not look back.

rcpilot 01-18-2007 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronjon619
Quote:

United Road is willing to bring me on... just can't find alot of info on them... saw one of their trucks at my Nissan Dealer one day and thats how I found out about them... seriously looking at TMC right now for flatbed...

If URS is willing to hire you with 4 months behind the wheel, I would jump all over it. You live smack in the middle of all frieght lanes for carhaulers in CA. You will make good money and be home alot. Running from So. Cal. to No. Cal you can be loaded both ways and be home. We have alot of guys that live in Stockton, Modesto, Tulare, Bakersfield, Santa Maria, Frenso. I would take that offer and not look back.

I have faxed the app back to John this evening.... do you drive for them??

ronjon619 01-19-2007 03:19 PM

Quote:

do you drive for them??

NO