Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   What is the average yearly income for otr drivers? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/23636-what-average-yearly-income-otr-drivers.html)

01-08-2007 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldiesPlating
TMC drivers make between 45,000-60,000 ON AVERAGE their first year.

Plus you guys get those nice day-cab Petes I see driving around town. Kind of a nice side-benefit I would think. :wink:

GoldiesPlating 01-08-2007 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldiesPlating
TMC drivers make between 45,000-60,000 ON AVERAGE their first year.

Plus you guys get those nice day-cab Petes I see driving around town. Kind of a nice side-benefit I would think. :wink:

Yeah that too! I LOVE my "Brandie-New" black and shiney 379 day-cab Pete. One BAD A$$ RIDE!

BigBird01 01-08-2007 03:16 PM

Re: What is the average yearly income for otr drivers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRKNGHT
I am a rookie and would like to know what the average yearly income for the average driver is? What's the average yearly income for green drivers?

Not sure if this helps, but in 8 months at Swift I made 22,404. Alot of things have changed since then with pay and stuff. I made .26 for 6 months. Now I believe it is .26 for 3 months then you get uped to .30, not real sure on that. They changed that at my 6 months so I did not benefit from it at all. :sad: , So at a year I would probably be somewhere over 30k, depends on how hard you run and how often you want to be home also I guess.

choperbob 01-09-2007 02:59 AM

if you drive for any kind of decent company expect to earn around 25-32k the first year. probably closer to the low end. remember you are learning a whole new trade/profession. 2nd year could be much better, only if you remember you are still learning. I grossed 28 first year, this year is 54k. all depends. next year will probably be closer to 40k.

choperbob 01-09-2007 03:20 AM

my gal just said i earn around $7 an hour driving a truck otr. 24/7 tho

BettyAnn 01-09-2007 03:57 AM

Re: What is the average yearly income for otr drivers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRKNGHT
I am a rookie and would like to know what the average yearly income for the average driver is? What's the average yearly income for green drivers?

Crete Carrier- Van division is right up there with the rest...around $48,000.00 - $62,000.00
It is true though....it really depends on where you from? , how much you get per mile?, and how many miles you can drive, (legally). *Smiling*
Good Luck
BettyAnn

evertruckerr 01-09-2007 07:41 PM

I'm stunned by how many people are quoting in the 30K - 40K range. I don't understand why so many drivers are selling them selves short and working for such low pay. Any driver with a year or more experience that isn't making at least $50,000 needs to be working somewhere else and thats a low ball number. $60,000 is not that hard to obtain, you just need to do your research before you jump to another company.

These number are in relation to an OTR driver. If you want to be home every night good paying jobs are available, but far more dependent on where you live.

rich17 01-10-2007 03:56 AM

what about owner operators yearly pay?

NevadaJim 01-10-2007 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evertruckerr
I'm stunned by how many people are quoting in the 30K - 40K range. I don't understand why so many drivers are selling them selves short and working for such low pay. Any driver with a year or more experience that isn't making at least $50,000 needs to be working somewhere else and thats a low ball number. $60,000 is not that hard to obtain, you just need to do your research before you jump to another company.

These number are in relation to an OTR driver. If you want to be home every night good paying jobs are available, but far more dependent on where you live.

The poster asked for yearly estimates for a "green" driver. 30 - 40 is correct.