Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   New page to use to compare companies... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/2119-new-page-use-compare-companies.html)

CAD 11-15-2003 09:43 PM

New page to use to compare companies...

We have put together a new query on our site that will do a side by side comparison of all of the companies that we work with and it can be found here...

For ClassADrivers.com Companies
http://www.classadrivers.com/index.p...ting&ListAll=1

For OwnerOperatorJob.com Companies
http://www.owneroperatorjob.com/inde...ting&ListAll=1

These links should list all of our companies and their;
Starting Pay
Min. Age Requirements
Min. Exp. Requirements
Hire Team (Y/N)
Hazmat Req. (Y/N)
DWI Policy
Felony Policy
Max. Moving Violation
Max. Preventable Accidents

This should sum everything all up into one nice neat little package for our visitors.

If you click on the blue underlined headers, the list should sort by that value for you.

Hope this helps everyone.

heavenbound 11-17-2003 06:07 PM

very cool idea.... 8)

bluebeetle 11-17-2003 06:54 PM

Well I am impressed....I went in and changed something in the company profile and it was reflected immediately!

CAD 11-18-2003 10:35 AM

Aw Shucks..... it was nuthin' :P

kreeper01 11-20-2003 02:55 PM

Nice Comparison

Hey Cad, i like the site you created with each company and posted them, side by side. Gives us Rookies a good reference in looking for a job. Keep up the good work. :)

fredright 11-25-2003 01:25 AM

HEY

COOL BONTON GOT LOVE IT

crankybritches 11-25-2003 07:45 AM

This is great!

CAD - I love it! I found a couple more companies to look at using this method. Thanks!

hillbilly 01-28-2004 05:38 AM

Great Idea!

Very useful, information is easy to find now! Thanx! :D

rodeoclown 01-28-2004 02:58 PM

This is GREAT!

This is a great thing and will make it easier for alot of driver:ex: ME.
Another great thing for A Great Board. Keep up the great work!
RodeoClown
8)

BKS 03-05-2004 11:30 AM

How does a company get on the list?

CAD 03-08-2004 02:14 PM

If they are a client of ours, they make the list....

BKS 03-08-2004 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAD
If they are a client of ours, they make the list....

Thanks, I was just curious if drivers could recommend certain companies or not.

take-away 03-09-2004 05:14 PM

need a job that will take me with a felony

hey I wanna know if i had a felony common law robbery at the wrong place at the wrong time with a family member I got charged with it my first and only charge in my life i wanna know what company i can get wit with that on my record no cdl or have never seen a truck before in my life :?: a friend of mine drive but every company on the net said it need to be about five years old help me :roll:

Doctor Who 03-10-2004 01:05 PM

Almost all Interstate carriers will not touch anyone with a felony conviction less than five years old and there are others that will not touch anyone with a conviction PERIOD!!!!

The best thing to do is try to find a local hauler to gain the experience then try again however, with the ever tightening security BS, potnetial drivers with felonies are going to find it increasingly difficult to find a decent driving job, especially hauling Haz-Mat!!!!

BKS 03-20-2004 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor Who
Almost all Interstate carriers will not touch anyone with a felony conviction less than five years old and there are others that will not touch anyone with a conviction PERIOD!!!!

The best thing to do is try to find a local hauler to gain the experience then try again however, with the ever tightening security BS, potnetial drivers with felonies are going to find it increasingly difficult to find a decent driving job, especially hauling Haz-Mat!!!!

If I read my Ohio info letter for my renewal correctly, you are disqualified from Haz-Mat in Ohio for certain types of felonies .

Vanna 04-11-2004 11:43 AM

New Page use to compare companies

I have to tell the boss about this. She will like the new loadboard. Good job Cad

pyro 07-29-2004 05:48 PM

i went to yout site and i see this on them

"Tractor Requirements
Max. Year of Tractor:
6 year or less."

what does that mean???

bluebeetle 07-29-2004 06:10 PM

Means the tractor must be a 1998 or newer that you are bringing on as an owner operator.

pyro 07-29-2004 06:21 PM

ok, thank you.

tubaguy 08-12-2004 03:16 AM

The list

Just wondered why Schneider isn't on the Company Driver list.

CAD 08-12-2004 08:36 PM

Quote:

Just wondered why Schneider isn't on the Company Driver list.

Because they are not a client of ours. The list only shows current Classadrivers.com clients (unlike some other websites that fluff up their client list)

StevenC 08-12-2004 09:46 PM

comparison board

Yes, CAD your board was very helpful. I talked to a couple of companies and selected one from your list. I told them I pick them because of this site. ClassADrivers.com thank, Steven

warsaw 09-22-2004 09:36 PM

I know I use the comparison provided alot ..I love it

STAR_Recruiter 09-30-2004 10:41 PM

I admit good idea

And it helps us recruiters out too when applicants are confused because those who put us in a bad light are telling them often what is incorrect or embellished.

Just one critique though. I went through the list and I feel that it is misinforming drivers because as a comparison, many of them in their full listing say that they take recent student graduates, but in your comparison chart, alot of companies, including mine show that experience starts at 6 months or more. The comparison should show the companies that do accept students as taking drivers with no experience except for having completed a driving school course. I noticed that probably 6 to 10 of them had a "Driving School Training" listing and that should be equivalent to make the comparison relevant.

Also, how come we aren't listed in the Owner Op comparison chart?

Thanks.

liquerbox 10-16-2004 06:52 AM

great site

this site is absouletly great!!!!! with everythink side by side is awesome instead of clicking on and waiting for a new window just to find out quailifcations KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!

liquerbox 10-16-2004 03:23 PM

felony

hey take away go to the link here for company jobs and they have all the requirments for hiring some are 3 years foe a felony and some vairy check it out i was suprised at how many are willing to give you a second chance take care
and good luck

NapaBavarian 11-14-2004 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebeetle
Means the tractor must be a 1998 or newer that you are bringing on as an owner operator.

What if some dude wants to make 10,000,000 miles on his 1978 :roll: :lol:

Try another company I guess :sad:

LOST 01-06-2005 11:12 PM

Hey CAD i am new here but i was wondering where you got your info for National Carriers Inc. I am curious if i know them seeing how i worked there, and since i am looking to go back thanks

semiotter 02-06-2005 12:40 PM

Good work!! Thats alot of research.. :shock:

Howling Dog 03-24-2005 03:02 PM

company comparisons

That is a great resourse CAD. I am thinking of rotating out of Swift (newbie w/ 3.5 months) and this give me a great way to ck experience/$ quickly.
thanx, Howling D

GMAN 04-02-2005 10:45 PM

Although I am not looking for a carrier, I am glad to see someone actually put the basic requirements down so you can compare and see what the requirements of different companies are. It sure beats going through all the magazines. They don't really tell you some of the things you need to know. It seems that DUI convictions have become less critical to carriers. Some used to disqualify you immediately if you had one. When I was leased to Landstar they wouldn't even talk to you if you have ever had a DWI or DUI. :sad: If the information is correct Landstar and most other carriers will take you after 5 years have passed. A few after 3 years. I didn't realize my present carrier would take anyone after a DUI conviction. Everyone deserves a second chance. In any case it is good that they are listing requirements for various carriers. Good work classadrivers. I am curious as to when these companies changed their policies. :?:

Sarasdad91 05-01-2005 04:00 PM

RE: Comapny compare

WOW! You are my hero CAD this is a great thing especially for new drivers and drivers to be GREAT WORK CAD.

RandyinVa 05-18-2005 06:05 PM

Very nice and very helpful

I had started one of my own along these lines. How will you be notified of changes and keep it current?

Thanks for the great helpful tool.

GMAN 05-21-2005 06:31 AM

There are still a lot of companies that do not require hazmat. I think, the more the government makes it a hassle to do hazmat, the fewer who will want to handle it.

GeorgiaBulldog 06-29-2005 03:16 AM

New Site Information

Good deal Captain America. This is what I was looking for when I signed up for this site..Its tough for a new driver to rate carriers.... :D

GMAN 06-30-2005 03:23 AM

Re: New Site Information

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgiaBulldog
Good deal Captain America. This is what I was looking for when I signed up for this site..Its tough for a new driver to rate carriers.... :D

I think this site has the best resources for those just entering the business. There are several other sites out there but these people do a good job. :D

Smooth Operator 07-05-2005 08:16 PM

this site is perfect for every body to fine the info they need good job cad :D :D :D :D

07-28-2005 05:04 PM

It would be great to also have this kind of information on the driving schools, with hours taught, companies they work with, cost of tuition, accommodations, etc.
I am having a lot of trouble getting real information on what to expect with student-teacher ration, and condition of accommodations, maybe some references and or quotes from former and current students and company recruiters that have visited these schools would be cool!!!!
I love this site, you all do a great job running it....we have learned a lot about our new truck driving careers and what to expect..
THANKS!
Drive SAFE & HAPPY!!!!

timm17 08-01-2005 01:55 PM

I just my Class A licenses about 2 months ago, but I am having a hard time finding a company with the right training and right pay along with a pretty good home time. I have haz-mat, double-triples, and tanker endorsements. I can drive a straight shift, but would prefer a company with auto-shift trucks. I would greatly appreciate some comments. Hope to get started soon.

GMAN 08-08-2005 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timm17

I just my Class A licenses about 2 months ago, but I am having a hard time finding a company with the right training and right pay along with a pretty good home time. I have haz-mat, double-triples, and tanker endorsements. I can drive a straight shift, but would prefer a company with auto-shift trucks. I would greatly appreciate some comments. Hope to get started soon.

What do you mean by the right training? What kind of training are you looking for other than something that will give you some seat time? There are a lot of companies on this site. There are others out there. There are several thousand carriers nationwide. Most of the larger carriers are listed on this site, though. Most companies will start you with a trainer, then you will go solo, then after some experience you get to try tanker or doubles, etc., It is just like eating a steak. You don't try and put the entire steak in your mouth at one time. You eat it one bite at a time. :D