Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   courtesy when being passed at night (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/20697-courtesy-when-being-passed-night.html)

choperbob 09-21-2006 03:10 PM

courtesy when being passed at night

i am glad to see that there are still many drivers who flash lights at night when being passed. what the problem is , some cdl schools do not identify that switch we call courtesy switch. too many new drivers are flashing high beams then low to signal is ok. that switch that does nothing but shut off lights is there for a reason, and it was called COURTESY SWITCH. ever looked in mirrors when someone behind ya has brights on? we have to inform rookies to turn lights to park or off then back on instead of hi/lo. rookies; please try this.

Rev.Vassago 09-21-2006 05:16 PM

My truck doesn't have one of those.

bcbasher 09-21-2006 07:40 PM

also need to address this problem. if it aint foggy DONT use your fig lights. they blind people cause most are pointed upward where the headlights are pointed. sorry for highjack.

Tobytob 09-21-2006 08:39 PM

choperbob, some of these newer trucks have day time runnning lights, I know mine does, My light wont turn off, only way is a quick highbeam or nothing @ all, so I am in a LOSE LOSE situation. Any suggestions?

solo379 09-21-2006 09:13 PM

As long, as you use your turn signals properly, you are courteous enough for me! :P
Just a few years ago, it could be months, before i'll see some "big truck", would change a lane, w/o using it.
Now, i see it on a daily basis! :sad:

And before somebody, would say something... No! Majority of this trucks, is not belongs to any of the "Big"! :roll:
For me, changing a lane w/o it, is equal, to flipping a finger! :x

Mackman 09-21-2006 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobytob
choperbob, some of these newer trucks have day time runnning lights, I know mine does, My light wont turn off, only way is a quick highbeam or nothing @ all, so I am in a LOSE LOSE situation. Any suggestions?

Am in the same boat.

The older macks the r models had a long stick type switch you could hit for headlights and tailights.

Niagarafallss1 09-21-2006 11:23 PM

Don't want to take this thread off too far, just want to share this. When on the 80 past Chicago last fall heading toward the Miss, I gave the courtesy flick off and on to let an O/O enter my lane after passing, and he did one heck of a show with his trailer lights. Four different sets of lights went on and off a few times. Looked like a blinking Christmas tree in a night club. Really cool :)

TruckerChris 09-22-2006 12:21 AM

It's amazing the amount of truckers who drive with their fog lights on. Now I could expect that from a typical 4 wheeler but a "professional" driver. And what about those 4 wheelers driving on the opposite side of the interstate who think it's ok to have their high beams on because we're on the other side so it must not be bright... Hope they like my bright lights too! :D

bcbasher 09-22-2006 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kona911
It's amazing the amount of truckers who drive with their fog lights on. Now I could expect that from a typical 4 wheeler but a "professional" driver. And what about those 4 wheelers driving on the opposite side of the interstate who think it's ok to have their high beams on because we're on the other side so it must not be bright... Hope they like my bright lights too! :D

+1

PackRatTDI 09-22-2006 02:45 AM

Seems like Volvo was thinking when they offered the optional DRL interrupt switch on the pre 2002 VN series and the low beam flash button as well as marker flash button located on the steering wheel on the 2002+ VN series. Much more convenient than having to turn the 3 position switch back and forth. 8)

A quick high beam flash shouldn't be too blinding as long as you're not staring into the mirror. You shouldn't be staring into the mirror anyways. ;)

Highwayman 09-22-2006 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcbasher
also need to address this problem. if it aint foggy DONT use your fig lights. they blind people cause most are pointed upward where the headlights are pointed. sorry for highjack.

If the foglights are PROPERLY aimed, they won't be blinding.

And PROPERLY AIMED fog lights are helpful when it isn't foggy on dark 2 lane roads, as they light up the edges better than the regular lights, and may help you see animals (like deer) waiting to jump in front of you.

Highwayman 09-22-2006 05:43 AM

Quote:

DO NOTHING!!

I'd rather a driver do nothing than blind me with the high beams.

Malaki86 09-22-2006 09:13 AM

My truck has the daytime running lights on it, and it has no headlight interrupt switch.

However, it does have a normal on/off switch. So, I flip the headlights off to signal the passing truck, and they turn off for about 1/2 second before turning the DRLs back on.

Ya, even with DRLs, you still have a light switch.

stevedb28 09-22-2006 10:21 AM

Quote:

well, I found my cure for the high beams, if you want to get their attention there is a flood light you can get from JC Whitney and it is a one million watt light. Thats right a million you flick that on just for a sec if they dont do anything light their a$$es up its so bright you can even tell what color their car is in the dead of night, they have gotten the hint every time ive used it.
And since im one that hates cell phone I have a story for you all, I had a young lady driver pull out in front of me when I was in my car a while back ago, I honked and got absolutely no response out of this girl. So, I thought well, appearently times have changed and a horn isnt good enough to get peoples attention. My cure for that, I forked over a very good chunk of money for a real train horn. End result, well the last lady dropped her fn phone :shock: I dont like high beam idiots or cell phones and anything that will get these idiots attention, Im gonna use it. I wont blind them to wreck, nor will i nail the horn for an hour. Just a chirp out of that horn and youll know im there and im not happy. Hey just thought of something if you cross the horn with the light people would swear theres a train coming down the highway :D

Ian Williams 09-22-2006 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevedb28

well, I found my cure for the high beams, if you want to get their attention there is a flood light you can get from JC Whitney and it is a one million watt light. Thats right a million you flick that on just for a sec if they dont do anything light their a$$es up its so bright you can even tell what color their car is in the dead of night, they have gotten the hint every time ive used it.
And since im one that hates cell phone I have a story for you all, I had a young lady driver pull out in front of me when I was in my car a while back ago, I honked and got absolutely no response out of this girl. So, I thought well, appearently times have changed and a horn isnt good enough to get peoples attention. My cure for that, I forked over a very good chunk of money for a real train horn. End result, well the last lady dropped her fn phone :shock: I dont like high beam idiots or cell phones and anything that will get these idiots attention, Im gonna use it. I wont blind them to wreck, nor will i nail the horn for an hour. Just a chirp out of that horn and youll know im there and im not happy. Hey just thought of something if you cross the horn with the light people would swear theres a train coming down the highway :D

Cool How much was it, did you have to add a compressor to power the thing ?

AmEagleDrvr 09-22-2006 01:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Now I like that. :lol: Especially the part about the train coming down the highway. Now that may just scare the holy sh*t out of someone. :shock: :shock:

Rev.Vassago 09-22-2006 02:53 PM

Quote:

That is stupid, illegal, and dangerous - I'm sure you will be the first one whining when one of the people you flash is blinded, and drifts into your lane, or one of the people you blare your train horn on slams on their brakes, and you rear end them. :roll:

Crackaces 09-22-2006 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:

That is stupid, illegal, and dangerous - I'm sure you will be the first one whining when one of the people you flash is blinded, and drifts into your lane, or one of the people you blare your train horn on slams on their brakes, and you rear end them. :roll:

Also might I add .. since the use of such a device in that manner is illegal in all 50 states .. should an accident occur you would be liable. In addition, if someone should be seriously hurt or killed, you would be charged with a serious crime. Depending on the state the charges might be "negligent homicide", "willful misconduct leading to death by motor vehicle", "manslaughter", .... you get the picture. All these charges require some time in a small secure room isolated from society to provide some time to think about the stupidity.

This sounds like the imagination of a 13 year old rather than a professional driver.

golfhobo 09-22-2006 07:57 PM

Quote:

Then.... how do you turn your lights off at night? Or in a truckstop parking lot? Come on .... take a look on your toggle panel. It's gotta be there somewhere.

Now... I haven't driven every make of truck. But, I DOUBT there is one out there that doesn't have a toggle switch for their headlights! The "Marker Interrupt" switch is for your running lights.... to say thank you.

Flicking your lights to BRIGHT is just being lazy. I'm SURE each of you has a switch to turn your headlights on and off (while leaving your running lights ON for awareness) to tell a brother when to pull over.

Personally, I don't CARE if you flick high to low! I don't stare in the mirror, so I'm never blinded. But, this is NOT the preferred method. Most who use it, do it so fast, I miss it! I'd RATHER see the lights go off and then on again.

Fog lights? Yeah, they can be a bit much at times. But, I agree that on lonely, desolate highways they illuminate the roadside better for seeing deer BEFORE they cause you to cause a deadly accident!

Hey... I got an idea! How about flicking your "road lamps" (fog lights) on and off as a courtesy to a passing truck?? Naw.... that won't work! He's not looking anyway! He'll STILL pull over before he's cleared your bumper, leaving you in his "backwash!" EVEN THO he has 2 miles of open road ahead and behind him!!! :evil:

The only problem with truck drivers is that so many of them are just 4wheelers with a CDL! You can't TEACH common sense, courtesy, or professionalism! You either HAVE it.... or you DON'T!!!

Rev.Vassago 09-22-2006 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo
Quote:

Then.... how do you turn your lights off at night? Or in a truckstop parking lot? Come on .... take a look on your toggle panel. It's gotta be there somewhere.

I was referring to the COURTESY SWITCH that the original poster was talking about. That is a switch that momentarily blinks the headlights. My truck doesn't have one. It does, however, have a toggle switch to momentarily blink the marker lights.

I use my high beams, but do not flash my high beams. If I pull on the high beam switch, but don't completely engage it, it momentarily cuts out my headlights.

My preference, however, is to not have anything done when I am passing another truck. I know how big my trailer is, and I know when it's time to come back over. I don't need anyone's help driving my truck. :wink:

But if someone flashes me over, I will thank them. Common courtesy.

The Killer Rabbit 09-22-2006 09:10 PM

Not all drivers think flashing is a good idea, and I can understand why..
I had one driver flash me to get in front of him while a four wheeler was merging from an on ramp...yes..Roehl can occasionally pass other vehicles that are "slower", regardless,....that might not have ended pretty if "I" wasnt aware of my surroundings.
You never trust another driver.

TKR

golfhobo 09-22-2006 09:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I was referring to the COURTESY SWITCH that the original poster was talking about. That is a switch that momentarily blinks the headlights. My truck doesn't have one. It does, however, have a toggle switch to momentarily blink the marker lights.

I use my high beams, but do not flash my high beams. If I pull on the high beam switch, but don't completely engage it, it momentarily cuts out my headlights.

My preference, however, is to not have anything done when I am passing another truck. I know how big my trailer is, and I know when it's time to come back over. I don't need anyone's help driving my truck. :wink:

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but.... from the original post:

Quote:

that switch that does nothing but shut off lights is there for a reason, and it was called COURTESY SWITCH.

I don't know WHAT it is called.... but right next to my marker interrupt switch, is my headlights toggle switch. It turns them on, off, or running lights.

When being passed (which is seldom) I flip this toggle switch from UP (headlights) to down (running lights) and back again.

When passing someone, who has been nice enough to flick me in SOME fashion, I use the toggle switch right next to it that "interrupts" my markers or running lights, without affecting my headlights.

Again, I realize all trucks may not be the same.... but these are two BASIC functions of lighting for big rigs. I find it hard to believe there are trucks out there that are not so equipped.

But, if "pulling on your high beam selector, without engaging it," turns your headlights off for a moment, then you are doing the same thing. and I guess, in a parking lot, you have to rely on the old fashioned pull switch below the steering column to turn off your headlights for MORE than a moment. How "archaic!" :wink:

Just razzin' ya, anyway! I STILL love that pic of your truck in your avatar! Where can I get one?

Rev.Vassago 09-22-2006 10:53 PM

Quote:

I don't know WHAT it is called.... but right next to my marker interrupt switch, is my headlights toggle switch. It turns them on, off, or running lights.

Mine has three toggles to do the lights, plus one to interrupt the markers - they are nowhere near each other. I used to run a KW that had a headlight interrupter built into the steering wheel (as well as a marker interrupter)

Quote:

When being passed (which is seldom) I flip this toggle switch from UP (headlights) to down (running lights) and back again.
Too much work, and since I'm not paid to drive someone else's truck, I ain't gonna do any more work than I have to. :wink:

Quote:

When passing someone, who has been nice enough to flick me in SOME fashion, I use the toggle switch right next to it that "interrupts" my markers or running lights, without affecting my headlights.
I just flick my turn signals left and right, usually. Much easier.

Quote:

Again, I realize all trucks may not be the same.... but these are two BASIC functions of lighting for big rigs. I find it hard to believe there are trucks out there that are not so equipped.
I'm not referring to the ON/OFF swich for the lights, but rather the INTERRUPTER for the lights.

Quote:

Just razzin' ya, anyway! I STILL love that pic of your truck in your avatar! Where can I get one?
I'll sell you mine, if you can afford it. :wink:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7...o/driveway.jpg

Deus 09-22-2006 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highwayman
Quote:

DO NOTHING!!

I'd rather a driver do nothing than blind me with the high beams.

Deus 09-22-2006 11:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I get a kick out of the people that signal you're clear when there is just a few feet of clearance and you're the only two vehicles on the road.

I usually signal just to be nice. It really is only useful when you have a bunch of cars behind you and want to get over quickly before they start going around you making you look like the jackass.

MADLUX 09-22-2006 11:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

for vehicles on the road that have DRL's, turning on the parking brake will turn them off. This goes for all 4 wheelers and trucks. Its more for when ya stop, then driving 8)

stevedb28 09-23-2006 07:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Now... I haven't driven every make of truck. But, I DOUBT there is one out there that doesn't have a toggle switch for their headlights! The "Marker Interrupt" switch is for your running lights.... to say thank you.

Flicking your lights to BRIGHT is just being lazy. I'm SURE each of you has a switch to turn your headlights on and off (while leaving your running lights ON for awareness) to tell a brother when to pull over.

Personally, I don't CARE if you flick high to low! I don't stare in the mirror, so I'm never blinded. But, this is NOT the preferred method. Most who use it, do it so fast, I miss it! I'd RATHER see the lights go off and then on again.

Fog lights? Yeah, they can be a bit much at times. But, I agree that on lonely, desolate highways they illuminate the roadside better for seeing deer BEFORE they cause you to cause a deadly accident!

Hey... I got an idea! How about flicking your "road lamps" (fog lights) on and off as a courtesy to a passing truck?? Naw.... that won't work! He's not looking anyway! He'll STILL pull over before he's cleared your bumper, leaving you in his "backwash!" EVEN THO he has 2 miles of open road ahead and behind him!!! :evil:

The only problem with truck drivers is that so many of them are just 4wheelers with a CDL! You can't TEACH common sense, courtesy, or professionalism! You either HAVE it.... or you DON'T!!!

well, if some of you would read, I dont blare the horn long enough to get them to scare them that bad. Nor do I blind them long enough that they are completely lost when I turn it off. Besides I rarely, RARELY use the stuff. No, Im not 13, and Im sure if you had it youd use it. You see how many people get hit by trains lately, it has a lot to do with soundproofing in cars these days, not to mention the stereo systems that the automakers put in them too. I barely hear an airhorn with my stereo on in my car. And my neigbor is a cop and when i installed it and tested it out he said thats cool as He^^ and he said most cops wouldnt give out a ticket for it as long as you hit it once for a short burst and are done. I used the horn 1 time to tell another driver i wasnt happy with them and one other time was a kid crossed in front of me in the pedestrian walkway and i couldnt resist, and the people beside me died laughing and i still laugh when i think about it. So, go on tell me im immature, Im not professional. Everybody has their thing. At least I dont go around ripping on other peoples way of dealing with it and that in itself is immature. Im sure that you are so mature you cant stand it, right? Anyway, Im not going to fight with you over it because thats what your looking to do is pick a forum fight. I love forum bullies.

stevedb28 09-23-2006 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Williams
Quote:

Cool How much was it, did you have to add a compressor to power the thing ?

$1200.00 and I use 3 airhorn motors to power it have a 3 to 1 junction in the lines that feed into the horn

Rev.Vassago 09-23-2006 03:48 PM

Quote:

well, if some of you would read, I dont blare the horn long enough to get them to scare them that bad. Nor do I blind them long enough that they are completely lost when I turn it off.

I don't really care if you do it for one second, or one hour - it's still illegal and dangerous.

Quote:

Besides I rarely, RARELY use the stuff.
All it takes is one time.

Quote:

No, Im not 13, and Im sure if you had it youd use it.
I would never install that garbage on my truck, so no, I would never have it to use.

Quote:

You see how many people get hit by trains lately, it has a lot to do with soundproofing in cars these days, not to mention the stereo systems that the automakers put in them too. I barely hear an airhorn with my stereo on in my car.
Now you are trying to justify it.

Quote:

And my neigbor is a cop and when i installed it and tested it out he said thats cool as He^^ and he said most cops wouldnt give out a ticket for it as long as you hit it once for a short burst and are done.
Ask Steve Booth how wrong cops can be regarding the law. When did they make your neighbor the spokesman for all police?

Quote:

I used the horn 1 time to tell another driver i wasnt happy with them and one other time was a kid crossed in front of me in the pedestrian walkway and i couldnt resist, and the people beside me died laughing and i still laugh when i think about it.
I wasn't aware that safety equipment was supposed to be funny.

Quote:

So, go on tell me im immature, Im not professional.
Well, since you told me to:

You're immature and unprofessional. :wink:

Quote:

Everybody has their thing. At least I dont go around ripping on other peoples way of dealing with it and that in itself is immature.
When your way of dealing with it is illegal and dangerous, you need to be prepared to be called out on it.

Quote:

Im sure that you are so mature you cant stand it, right?
When it comes to the safety equipment on my truck? Yup.

Quote:

Anyway, Im not going to fight with you over it because thats what your looking to do is pick a forum fight. I love forum bullies.
Forum bully? Hardly. :lol:

golfhobo 09-23-2006 10:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

well, if some of you would read, I dont blare the horn long enough to get them to scare them that bad. Nor do I blind them long enough that they are completely lost when I turn it off. Besides I rarely, RARELY use the stuff. No, Im not 13, and Im sure if you had it youd use it. You see how many people get hit by trains lately, it has a lot to do with soundproofing in cars these days, not to mention the stereo systems that the automakers put in them too. I barely hear an airhorn with my stereo on in my car. And my neigbor is a cop and when i installed it and tested it out he said thats cool as He^^ and he said most cops wouldnt give out a ticket for it as long as you hit it once for a short burst and are done. I used the horn 1 time to tell another driver i wasnt happy with them and one other time was a kid crossed in front of me in the pedestrian walkway and i couldnt resist, and the people beside me died laughing and i still laugh when i think about it. So, go on tell me im immature, Im not professional. Everybody has their thing. At least I dont go around ripping on other peoples way of dealing with it and that in itself is immature. Im sure that you are so mature you cant stand it, right? Anyway, Im not going to fight with you over it because thats what your looking to do is pick a forum fight. I love forum bullies.

Um.... Steve "cardinals fan" WHY did you quote MY post to the REV?? It had NOTHING to do with your earlier comments, and was NO basis for these new comments? I wasn't even talking TO or ABOUT you and your horn.

Unless you based all this on my comment about common sense? Well... you've just "self identified!" :lol:

Did you REALLY mean to call ME a "forum bully?" Wow! Yeah... I CAN pick a fight! Were YOU looking for one? :lol:

I really had NO comment on your use of your horn, but if you'd LIKE.... I'm sure I can come up with one.

MY discussion, a civil one, was with the Rev about LIGHTS! I really didn't find YOUR comments about unecessary HORN BLOWING as worthy of comment.

I try NOT to blow my horn! :lol: I drive a freighshaker, and the horn sounds like a wounded sheep! :oops:

"I" can READ just fine, thank you..... would you like me to teach YOU how? :lol:

And, YES.... I'm just "razzin YOU, too!" :lol:

Hobo

golfhobo 09-23-2006 10:40 PM

Hey, REV: Thanks for the side view! Is that standard? Or an extended sleeper with a shower? :lol:

Are your side tanks really under the sleeper? Wow... not too safe!

Looks like you need a bigger garage!!! :lol: :lol:

What year is it? And how much do you want for it??

I HAVE to say again, though you and I have disagreed at times, that is one of the most beautiful trucks I've ever seen!!!

What is the wheelbase? bumper to "bumper"???

Where are you located?

Are you REALLY a "rev?" My dad is one.

hatt91 09-23-2006 10:58 PM

The trucks my company has have a 3 way switch for the headlights. The middle position is off. The bottom position is headlights off/running lights on. And the top position is headlights on and running lights on. The highbeams are controlled by pulling the turn signal toward you. I was trained to always have your headlights on when you are driving day or night. During the day when someone passes me I flick the highbeams on then off. I have found that it is easier to see that then the headlights on then off. At night time I use the toggle to go from up to down then back up again.

When I pass and night time, i use the "marker interupt" switch was toggles the trailer lights off then on. During the day, i put the hazards on for about 3 blinks then turn off.

golfhobo 09-23-2006 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatt91
The trucks my company has have a 3 way switch for the headlights. The middle position is off. The bottom position is headlights off/running lights on. And the top position is headlights on and running lights on. The highbeams are controlled by pulling the turn signal toward you. I was trained to always have your headlights on when you are driving day or night. During the day when someone passes me I flick the highbeams on then off. I have found that it is easier to see that then the headlights on then off. At night time I use the toggle to go from up to down then back up again.

When I pass and night time, i use the "marker interupt" switch was toggles the trailer lights off then on. During the day, i put the hazards on for about 3 blinks then turn off.

We drive similar trucks. But, I must give my advice and disagreement.

We are ALL trained differently. You must take this with a grain of salt and compare it to other's experiences/training. The decision is yours.

Running headlights during daylight hours (if not raining) will someday leave you on the side of the road changing a burnt out headlight for NO reason.

Flicking highbeams during the day will probably NOT be recognized by other drivers.... not that they really CARE, since they can SEE the front of your truck.

You say it is easier for YOU to see a high beam "flick" during the day? I think with time, you will find it easier to see a beam ON/OFF better. A flick of the high beams during daylight hours is almost unnoticable.

It is actually easier to "catch" the flick of higbeams at night, but I still say it is easier to MISS this quick "flash." Even in the dark. A bump in the road will cause lights to "jump up and down." But, a total off and on is hard to miss.

Your "acknowledgement" techniques, day and night, are right on par with the industry standard, and thank you for being so courteous.

Regardless of the technique, it IS important and courteous to signal other drivers, whether day OR night. This is for YOUR safety as well as theirs.

Keep driving SAFE! You sound like you CARE. That is half the battle.

Rev.Vassago 09-24-2006 02:44 AM

Quote:

Hey, REV: Thanks for the side view! Is that standard? Or an extended sleeper with a shower? :lol:

Just a standard 70" sleeper. I've been toying with the idea of re-doing it.

Quote:

Are your side tanks really under the sleeper? Wow... not too safe!
Yup - under the sleeper, right where the factory put them (where they put them on almost ALL 379 Petes)

Quote:

Looks like you need a bigger garage!!! :lol: :lol:
I wish.

Quote:

What year is it? And how much do you want for it??
2004, with about 91,000 miles on it. The spec sheet on it puts it in the mid-$160,000 range.

Quote:

I HAVE to say again, though you and I have disagreed at times, that is one of the most beautiful trucks I've ever seen!!!
Thank you.

Quote:

If I remember to do it, I'll measure it tomorrow before I leave.

Quote:

Where are you located?
Look to the left of my post.

Quote:

Are you REALLY a "rev?" My dad is one.
Yes and no. More no than yes.

jkhunter 09-24-2006 03:19 AM

"I get a kick out of the people that signal you're clear when there is just a few feet of clearance and you're the only two vehicles on the road. "

Hehe this is probably me. If I see someone speeding along, I figure they might want to be in front of me as quick as possible, for less of a chance of being picked off by a police officer looking for speeders. I usually try to slow down somewhat if there isn't another trucker right behind me.

I notice most of the time, they wave as they are passing me, instead of flicking the trailer thank you lights. This wave, to me in my mind is saying, "hey friend, I'd appreciate the help when I get far enough a head of you, thanks."

stevedb28 09-24-2006 03:01 PM

golfhobo I quoted your post because it said something about the lights and i added about the horn. The latter comments werent directed at you. Sorry for the misunderstanding

Rev.Vassago 09-25-2006 02:11 AM

Quote:

I measured it today, and it clocks in right at 28 feet, or 336 inches.

golfhobo 09-25-2006 02:24 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Um... I stupidly asked a combined question, so your answer is nebulous. It that 28 feet "wheelbase" or bumper to bumper?

And, if it IS wheelbase.... he he.... is that front or rear drive axle? Geez, I sound like SUCH a newbie! :lol:

Hey... as far as a garage goes... how about that brick building beside you? You could gut the second floor and have a REAL garage! :D

You could probably even get local funding for a renovation project! Throw in a classroom, and give SAP services! :lol:

Reverend Vassago's Home for Wayward Truckers! :lol:

Rev.Vassago 09-25-2006 02:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Um... I stupidly asked a combined question, so your answer is nebulous. It that 28 feet "wheelbase" or bumper to bumper?

Bumper to bumper

Quote:

Hey... as far as a garage goes... how about that brick building beside you? You could gut the second floor and have a REAL garage! :D
That's my neighbor's house, and I don't think they would appreciate me destroying their 100 year old building. Mine is 101 years old.

Some day, a pole building will be going up, but I'm not sure if it will be on this piece of land.

Mtc_Is_Hell 09-25-2006 03:13 AM

I've only got 4700 miles under my belt, and thats 8 days on the road. I do the lights thing, and the tail lights when you flash your lights at me. I like the idea but its annoying when the truck comes right over with no blinker.. Seems like they do it since I flashed em, but why no blinker? :shock: