Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   How to find trucking jobs that accept felons (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/20022-how-find-trucking-jobs-accept-felons.html)

Tichenor502 09-01-2006 02:59 PM

How to find trucking jobs that accept felons

What up board i am in a major delima i have had my cdl since 2002.I finished the truck driving school in november of that year but didn't go out over the road to get any experience because i knew that i had a charge pending from 2000.Well they convicted me of a drug trafficking charge in march of 2004 in which i went down for 2yrs for that charge and was released in march of 2006.Fellow truckers since march of this year it has been a seesaw of events.I have drove for a little company over the last three months but i would like 2 either get my own truck or get on wit a nice company 2 where i can make some real money.which way should i go or if any truckers out there that knows of any trucking companys out there willing to give a good trucker a second chance please hit me up at [email protected] and no a didnt commit my crime in the a truck thanks

GMAN 09-01-2006 03:25 PM

You should probably stay where you are, at least until you can get a couple of years experience. Some carrier's will give a felon a second chance after 5 or more years have passed. You can check the company listings for current requirements for some of the larger carrier's. Most will look at the felony conviction the same, whether you are a company driver or owner operator. The major problem you will have with the larger carrier's is that your conviction was drug related. I may not make much difference whether it was in a commercial vehicle or not. You were convicted for trafficing in drugs. You may want to contact some of the recruiters on this forum. They could best answer this question. Bluebettle, Twilight Flyer and Scoe are all recruiters. There are others on the board. Good luck.

toner 09-01-2006 04:22 PM

a drug related felony in the past 2 years, 2 years in jail, and only 3 months of driving experience? if you have a job now keep it, i don't think any major carriers would be able to hire you. doesn't matter if you were trafficking the drugs in a truck, a car, or a little red wagon.

Sheepdancer 09-01-2006 04:31 PM

I couldnt ever hire ya. I would stay where you are. I think some of the moving companies will hire felons.

I actually talked to a driver yesterday who had a drug felony. He was making 11 cpm and that was the only job he could find. I am amazed that he was still in the business. At 11 cpm he could make better money in fast food.

uglymutt 09-01-2006 06:08 PM

sure has been alot of felons out here, what do they have CDL Truck Driver Training in prisons now ??????

street_95 09-01-2006 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uglymutt
sure has been alot of felons out here, what do they have CDL Truck Driver Training in prisons now ??????

:shock:

uglymutt 09-01-2006 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by street_95
Quote:

im a felon, i have never seen a prison.....fyi :rock:

R U Driving ???? if so then tell all of your brother felons out here who your driving for and how to sign up.....

street_95 09-01-2006 07:14 PM

:x

toner 09-01-2006 07:23 PM

if you shoplift anything in the state of indiana, it's a felony charge. (per the wikipedia entry on "shoplifting" i was reading earlier today). in vermont anything over $100 is a felony.

uglymutt 09-01-2006 07:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

im a felon, i have never seen a prison.....fyi :rock:

R U Driving ???? if so then tell all of your brother felons out here who your driving for and how to sign up.....

I cant speak for all felons, mine was not violent, not drug or alcohol related, not any theft or burglary or robbery.
Different companies have different policies and as long as its not any of the above or older then 10 years, most will hire you.

what no violence or drugs or theft, hmmmmm what esle is left to do????? that would end up a felony, has to be something bad.....