Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Training at TMC (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/19475-training-tmc.html)

Seahawk 08-12-2006 01:27 AM

Training at TMC

What are some items that will make training with TMC a little more comfortable. Is there anything I will need that isn't the "norm"?

NC_TRUCKER 08-13-2006 10:29 PM

Re: Training at TMC

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seahawk
What are some items that will make training with TMC a little more comfortable. Is there anything I will need that isn't the "norm"?

Pay attention, take notes in class, you will need to hear, understand everything.

Good Luck!

rkeck 08-14-2006 06:32 PM

What does TMC provide in the way of incidental "securement tools"?

i.e. what about 'crow-bars', nail pullers, big hammers/nails, winch bars, ladders, etc. Of course I'd have the basic tools but was wondering about the flatbed specialty ones.

Thanks

Sealord 08-14-2006 08:39 PM

Tools

"'crow-bars', driver provide, nail pullers, driver provide, big hammers(think framing hammer)/nails(spikes), driver provide, big pushbroom, driver provide, winch bars (ratchets, 2 & 4"; 2 & 4" straps) chains, bungees, loadbinders - company provide), ladders, driver provide (4' & 10'), etc." BOL

GoldiesPlating 08-15-2006 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkeck
What does TMC provide in the way of incidental "securement tools"?

i.e. what about 'crow-bars', nail pullers, big hammers/nails, winch bars, ladders, etc. Of course I'd have the basic tools but was wondering about the flatbed specialty ones.

Thanks

I work at TMC and don't have or need a crow bar, hammer, nails, ladder. Though it never HURTS to have some basic tools: vise grips, knife, pliars, hammer, multi tool (Leatherman), duct tape, tire thumper (head thumper).

rkeck 08-16-2006 12:21 AM

Quote:

I work at TMC and don't have or need a crow bar, hammer, nails, ladder. Though it never HURTS to have some basic tools: vise grips, knife, pliars, hammer, multi tool (Leatherman), duct tape, tire thumper (head thumper)
It's been 20 years since I flatbedded and I remember many times having to nail in my own stuff (coils, reels, and wire), pull my own stuff, etc. Shippers must be doing more than they used to, or I was always at the wrong shippers and receivers. Thanks.

GoldiesPlating 08-16-2006 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkeck
Quote:

I work at TMC and don't have or need a crow bar, hammer, nails, ladder. Though it never HURTS to have some basic tools: vise grips, knife, pliars, hammer, multi tool (Leatherman), duct tape, tire thumper (head thumper)
It's been 20 years since I flatbedded and I remember many times having to nail in my own stuff (coils, reels, and wire), pull my own stuff, etc. Shippers must be doing more than they used to, or I was always at the wrong shippers and receivers. Thanks.

We use pre-made steel coil racks and anything that requires nailing or building at certain shippers, THEIR personnel cut and nail the securement devices together for me (for example at a coiled wire shipper with those BIG coils of electrical wire). I guess us flatbedders have it easy now days!

Pappa Jake 09-10-2006 07:22 PM

Fred,

I'm Pappa Jake from Jersey. Graduating from school next week & got a pre-hire from TMC. I am new to this site & a newbie behind the wheel, you have a terrific web-site and find your posts great. Just a shout out to say "thanks".

GoldiesPlating 09-10-2006 07:53 PM

Hey Pappa! Hello back atcha' !!! Glad you like my site and good luck getting started!

GoldiesPlating 09-10-2006 07:54 PM

Tell the recruiters at TMC I said "Hello"!