Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Training at TMC (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/19475-training-tmc.html)

classicxl 09-10-2006 08:02 PM

I agree i enjoyed the site. Nice truck pics and informative.

Pappa Jake 09-10-2006 08:59 PM

Training@TMC

Fred,

Do you have any suggestions on what to bring with you to orientation & then road training?

I see you're a NYC guy. I grew up in Coney Island 'til I was 18.
Miss the Cyclone & Nathan's.

Do you know any trainers in our area (NY/NJ)

richey94 09-11-2006 03:17 PM

They will give you a list of things to bring to orientation. Here is a list that they emailed Jeff.

Driver?s license AND social security card

There are NO cash advances Money, $10-$15 per day for general living

You will need a voided check

Work clothes/blue jeans (no sweatpants/shorts/tanktops/muscle shirts, etc) clothes cannot be tattered/torn

Work boots only, NO tennis shoes or sandles

Birthdates AND social security numbers of family members for the health insurance

Must have a valid class A CDL from YOUR state residence prior to orientation

Sleeping bag/blanket and sheet/bedding and pillow

Rand-McNally, or similar, trucker?s atlas

No long hair, or ponytails/?rat-tails?, regardless of length
Part of yard training is outside, bring warm clothes for winter months

Calculator

No earrings, including body piercing and tongue studs

I would add to that...if you have a cell phone then bring a charger, Jeff bought a log book holder during training, Sun glasses, rain gear and a long sleeve shirt for certain places that require them.

Pappa Jake 09-11-2006 11:42 PM

Brandy,

You're awesome, thanks for the info

richey94 09-12-2006 12:41 AM

No problem. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. (PS Stay OFF the grass and do NOT be late during orientation!!!)

GoldiesPlating 09-12-2006 08:20 PM

Sorry Poppa, been off here a bit. Richey94's got it covered (Thanks) Tell Jeff I said CONGRATS!!!!

Pappa Jake 09-12-2006 11:44 PM

TMC INFO

Did your hubby have to purchase any straps & assorted securement stuff?
P.S. : I finding the recruitment process very slow, I have been pre-hired for a week and the person on the other end seems unorganized. How long did it take to get through the initial hiring process?

GoldiesPlating 09-13-2006 04:19 AM

No purchases necessary other than your boots, gloves and personal items. Recruiting IS a bit overwhelmed........ for NOW. Changes are in the works and I just may be a part of them. :wink:

The process took a couple of weeks when I did it as a newbie.

richey94 09-13-2006 01:48 PM

No they supply the straps and securement items. Jeff did buy something that winds the straps up because it makes things easier. (I think it was around $20)

Recruitment didn't take long for us because we called them while Jeff was still in school so they were waiting on him to tell them when he was coming to orientation.

Quote:

Recruiting IS a bit overwhelmed........ for NOW. Changes are in the works and I just may be a part of them.
Fred, are you planning on moving to Des Moines to be a recruiter? If so...Good Luck to you!!

Pappa Jake 09-13-2006 05:23 PM

Graduated yesterday and my new cdl is burning a hole in my pocket.
Got to get on the road, need to see white lines.
Thanks, all