Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Should a new driver start driving tankers ? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/13374-should-new-driver-start-driving-tankers.html)

Useless 03-10-2007 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dizzy
If not?? Well then, I guess we'll all know the truth!![/color]

ROFLMAO.You want my ssn and bank account number too.Get real.

How about you know your role.

Oh, so you are assigning roles now??

Know that i make more than you and i am a better driver than you.

All of this, with less than 6 WEEKS of driving experience under his dress, yet!! I would bet some good money that you enjoy getting your fifth wheel greased, though!!

Say it with me now, Dizzy!! INFERIORITY COMPLEX!!!
Mr. Big Sh*t isn't so big after all, is he??

Keep on keeping on.[/quote]

What I know, and what everyone else here knows, is that you are a blithering idiot and a bald faced liar!!

Dizzy,

I've asked you some very basic questions, and you can't answer a single one of them!! Please tell me that you did not go and sink all that money into your "Builtmore" without first educating yourself?? That wouldn't be ignorance talking; that would be unadulterated stupidity!!

This has nothing to do with divulging personal information. I have not asked for that, nor have I even asked you for an address; so there really is no point in trying to hide behind that chickensh*t fascade. With the exception of SOME of the extra credit questions, these matters should have been discussed with you prior to the close on the purchase of your home.

The reason that I went back and added the "Extra Credit" questions is because any prospective buyer SHOULD take the time to educate himself/herself on these matters before attempting to purchase a home.

Well, I guess we now have an answer, folks!! Dizzy's just a poser!!

glasman2 03-10-2007 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Useless
Well, I guess we now have an answer, folks!! Dizzy's just a poser!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Tell us something we didn't know :!:

ibamars 03-10-2007 03:50 AM

Well I think it does and doesnt matter. I have never driven a tanker but my brother is an O/O. He drives tankers and he said he wished he knew how to drive them when he first started.

Why? Because of the surge and learning when to shift and feeling what it was like. He feels it would have made him a better driver earlier in his career if he had the opportunity.

I agree and disagree. I think if someone can pick up the basics of driving and they are strong at it, then yes they should have ample opportunity to do it.

If the individual cant downshift, upshift, or is still having a problem undertsanding brake distances and effects from road conditions or traffic then I think they should wait. God forbid if they stop a truck to late and a surge pushes them into an intersection or something..

Useless 03-10-2007 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibamars
If the individual cant downshift, upshift, or is still having a problem undertsanding brake distances and effects from road conditions or traffic then I think they should wait. God forbid if they stop a truck to late and a surge pushes them into an intersection or something..

I strongly agree with your outlook here, Ibamars!!. The risk factor in case something goes wrong is just too high.

greg3564 03-10-2007 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dizzy
Quote:

Originally Posted by rcso
It would make more financial sense to anyone that if you in fact did have a house in the 'bay area' as you put it, or anywhere in California for that matter; rent that puppy out and you can live on rent alone in many parts of the country. Why you 'choose' to live in such an area where it takes 1.5-2k a month for a small apartment where you can own a house bigger than 4k -5k square feet for the same amount in a mortgage payment in the south is beyond me.

Two words in your post sums it all up.THE SOUTH.ROFLMAO.Whats in the south again?Oh yea nothing.Cheap states down there buddy hate to break it to you.Its cheap down there for a reason.That same house 4k-5k square feet you might be able to get in those cheap states but cant afford that out here.Most people cant afford to live here.

This just proves how stupid you are. Why would I buy a home for $750,000 when I can get the same home here in Texas for less that $175,000. Oh gee, how dumb am I to live here! :roll: You're so proud of the fact that you live in an over priced and inflated market? That shows me just how dumb and dizzy you really are.

By the way, California is way overrated. I was born and raised in that hell hole of a communist state. If you like big government telling you what you can and can't do, horrible air quality, horrendous traffic and high crime, then by all means stay in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia.

Useless 03-10-2007 05:16 AM

You just don't get it, Greg3564!!

It's "The Bay"!!

It's a place where Women are Women!!......and..... many men are, too!!
:shock:

greg3564 03-10-2007 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Useless
You just don't get it, Greg3564!!

It's "The Bay"!!

It's a place where Women are Women!!......and..... many men are, too!!
:shock:

This is true!!! :lol: It's amazing how a troll can sidetrack an entire thread, isn't it?

Orangetxguy 03-11-2007 04:18 AM

Re: Should a new driver start driving tankers ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da_Raider
Quote:

Originally Posted by meanbone79
Should a new driver start driving a tanker?

I started off driving tankers... For a company called: "Helena Chemicals"

Helena Chem is a decent enough company. Do they treat ya right?

Cyanide 03-15-2007 01:55 PM

Maybe the original question should have been, "Should a new driver coming out of school into O.T.R. drive a tanker?"...

I say yes, but only if the new driver (read trainee) is properly trained and understands that the training period will endure as long as necessary to prove his/her competency and retention of the knowledge passed on by his/her said trainer. I feel that a new O.T.R. tanker trainee coming directly out of school should train at a minimum, for a couple of months before being released solo, and that their road training must include as much 48-state driving as possible, with heavy emphasis placed upon mountain AND city driving, and also preferably seasonal driving.

Of course, perhaps this is why I may never again train a driver without any experience. True, many things out here must be learned on your own, but if the situation allows for you to be taught as much as possible then take full advantage of it.

Driving a tanker locally IS NOT the same as O.T.R., regardless of the location, and especially not if you have a baffled or multi-compartment tank versus a smoothbore tank. Does it have it's perils and hazards? Of course it does, just like everything else...

However, it is not the same as running day in, day out across the national interstate and highway system. But more importantly across the curving, mountainous stretches of the west, such as I-70, I-80, or I-90. Why do I bring up the terrain driving? Because in instances such as hauling food-grade tankers that are smoothbore, loaded with upwards of 53,000 pounds of product, hooked to a truck that is capable of running 75+ m.p.h., and on a very time-sensitive schedule you better have the proper skills to do the job safely and efficiently, and that usually means having at least a couple years' worth of all-weather and terrain experience. Though I do personally know one exception to the rule (Baby Bullseye)...

Simply put, tanker is not for everyone, just as pulling doubles or triples isn't, or oversize loads.

Y'all be safe and have fun :wink:...

LilBit 03-15-2007 04:02 PM

Cyanide...thank you for putting this back ON TOPIC!!!! :P

I was thinking if it was me, I'd want some experience hauling something other than a tanker on my belt starting out.....I remember reading some thread on here somewhere (was that ardmore farms josh? been awhile and not for sure) about differences with tankers and other loads

I remember pulling some liquid filled containers on a flatbed awhile back, not the same as a tanker I know but just being able to see the liquid in those containers and wonder how that all works inside the tankers had got me to look at that