User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2009, 01:32 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
I guess those "reputable" companies I worked for owe me some money. Not once have I ever had an "X" endorsement reimbursement.

Sure...some companies will reimburse for the HazMat background check. Some will even reimburse for the TWIC card costs.

Not once, since the hazmat endorsement began, have I been reimbursed for having it on my license. I always surmised it was because I actually wanted to do the job I was doing, and possession of the "X" endorsement was needed to qualify for, or remain qualified for, the job.

It's a fairly simple decision Tndieselgrl has. If there is a specific company she wants to work for, and that company requires she has an "X" endorsement and a TWIC card....she needs to get them.

If a company will reimburse her, all the better for her. But...possession of those tools qualifies her for a better or more desirable job or company.

Knowing the requirements of hauling hazardous materials, and which routes are safe and legal, is part of the job. IF Tndieselgrl took a position at a "reputable" company, then she can fully expect to be compensated for hazmat routing, whether the "rate to the truck" pays the extra mileage or not. Her employer would still pay for the miles driven.........if the employer were "reputable".

just sayin
you said it all ...REPUTABLE company, I worked for a local company hauling sulfuric acid, they paid for hazmat background check and we were very seldom pulled in the scale because our safe stat score was a 38. one time during the blitz, I was inspected and had a tag light out on the trailer, the officer said we had the best safety rating he had seen in 30 years on the job! he said he wasnt going to write it up because our record was so good, he said to promise him it would get fixed, they fixed it and the next time I went by that scale I stopped and showed him, he acted like that made his day.
ayway, it's like you said, find the right company and you will be fine, I would rather have the credentials and not need them than need them and not have them
Old 11-30-2009, 01:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzon View Post
I did a short story at my blog on the TWIC card the other day if anyone's interested.

how about a link?
Old 11-30-2009, 04:15 PM

Well I guess I work for a reputable company as they paid for my TWIC Card and the milage I incurred from Orlando to Cape Canaveral. Thay also covered the cost ofr my Port of Tampa pass as well, Hell come to think of it they will pay for my hazmat when it expires in 2011.
Got to love these reputable companies....

Timberwolf
Old 11-30-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog View Post
how about a link?
My blog should be listed in the bottom left corner of each of my posts. Let me know if it isn't showing please. I'll pm ya a link as I don't think I'm supposed to put links in the bodies of the messages here.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
Well I guess I work for a reputable company as they paid for my TWIC Card and the milage I incurred from Orlando to Cape Canaveral. Thay also covered the cost ofr my Port of Tampa pass as well, Hell come to think of it they will pay for my hazmat when it expires in 2011.
Got to love these reputable companies....

Timberwolf
I'm going to do my application there tonight Timberwolf. Is there a referral bonus? PM me your details if there is and I'll list you on the app if you'd like.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzon View Post
My blog should be listed in the bottom left corner of each of my posts. Let me know if it isn't showing please. I'll pm ya a link as I don't think I'm supposed to put links in the bodies of the messages here.
not there, you can do a signature with a link
Old 12-01-2009, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog View Post
not there, you can do a signature with a link
Ok Fredog, I edited it a bit. It should be exactly where yours are on your posts.

Does it show up now? Does anyone see the link to bigrigdriversblog on my posts? I see them clearly.