R+L is looking for local guys in Wilmington,OH! You might like them
I will check them out, thanks.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

So far I've got some leads:

I'm going to call R&L on Monday and US Xpress about their Dollar General daycab account.

I also found out Hogan just gave a job out to drive to Michigan and back, home on weekends, so I'm going to call them and see if they have anything else and if not to keep me in mind.

I also found a flatbed company based in Dayton that has one board that gets home every weekend and one board that's only out 2-3 nights of the week. They're called Home Run, anybody ever heard of them? I have no flatbed experience, but I am willing to learn and kind of curious about it to be honest. I think I'd enjoy the extra exercise as I tend to be the goofball you see doing laps at truck stops. I like to keep in shape. =] How hard is it for someone with no experience to pick up the skills of tarping/strapping? Home Run says they have a training course for drivers and they will teach you how to secure loads, so that's good.

And can someone who has run flatbeds take a look at their pay/benefits and tell me how it looks compared to other companies? Thanks:

http://www.homeruninc.com/drivers.html
Old 05-10-2008, 09:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Home run doesnt have the prettiest equipment, but if you can get around $1000/week, thats not too bad.

I've heard of a company advertising on the radio lately out of Ohio called Fraley & Schilling (sp?).
http://www.fraleyandschilling.com/EMPLOYMENT.htm
Dont know anything about them as far as pay or where exactly in ohio, but it's worth a look maybe.
I know they have a flatbed, van, and tanker division.

Adapt and overcome.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:11 PM
Rookie

I haul out of reynoldsburg oh and see a lot of home run trucks mostly internationals with a few a volvos mixed in the haul primarly lumber i think and f and s haul alot of steel. hth