User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhaulerss
i also heard a co. driver in al. state that he pays 1.75 a gal & has the receipt to prove it. i have absolutely no idea if this is true or false. i will say it was explained to me this way.. big co's buy in the mil gal & have their own tankers deliver to places like the ta. they have contracts so that when ever their trucks fill up it comes from the fuel already delivered & the ta gets .1 cent per gallon for storage & dispense use. so the big co's are not buying from the truck stops they are just using them to store & to pump. this is the story i'm told... i still dont know...
While it is true that many companies buy the fuel before it's pumped, the guy that said he has a receipt for a $1.75 a gallon must have it from a few years ago. When a driver fuels up at the truck stop, the paperwork he gets to see is the same as everyone else's. Unless he's an O/O, then it's listed on his weekly settlement sheet.

About two years ago, at the PETRO in York, NE, there was a sign on top of the fuel pumps that "DART CONTRACTORS ONLY PAY $1.75 A GALLON FOR THAT FUEL." (Not sure of the price, but it was to that effect.) With the price of oil going up the way it has been, I seriously doubt that even DART has been enjoying a "PRICE FREEZE" like that

Old 03-27-2008, 02:52 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker
About two years ago, at the PETRO in York, NE, there was a sign on top of the fuel pumps that "DART CONTRACTORS ONLY PAY $1.75 A GALLON FOR THAT FUEL."
Sure they do - when you add in the FSC. That's like CRE saying that their L/P drivers can earn up to $1.50 per mile. It's possible, but there's more to it than meets the eye.

But, I'll use the Dart method and say that the last tank of fuel I purchased cost me $1.39 per gallon. :lol:
Old 03-27-2008, 03:07 PM
Senior Board Member

as for myself.. i cut back on my mph about 3 years ago. after doing an experiment on my runs, i found out that i could save $150- $185 a week by slowing down. i really only did this when i had all day to get somewhere. like when i loaded on a fri & the load was schedualled to be delivered on mon morn. i get min 7 mpg now. but that is keepint it at 60-62 mph. it is hard to keep it at that speed, but even harder to pay for fuel going 70 mph. the $150-$185 is based on 3000 mi. i now only run 185 mi 1 way loaded & 185 empty back home.