Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Family Support Forum (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/family-support-forum-14/)
-   -   Venting and a question (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/family-support-forum/22638-venting-question.html)

Bthere 01-06-2007 07:38 PM

My husband just finished school and has been with a trainer for almost 3 weeks now. I too find I am having trouble sleeping - and I wake up exhausted. I will fall asleep around 10 then wake up with my mind racing, feeling overwhelmed about having to be making all the parental decisions and keeping a handle on things - especially me, not being depressed and crying all the time! I guess that is kinda normal from what I am reading online. I think trying to stay busy, cleaning house, organizing, doing activities with the kids is what keeps my mind off things during the day. I never realized how hard it would be! My 7 year old boy is so proud of dad - he loves that his dad drives a big truck! He has started to not listen to me though - and also keeps having trouble focusing at school- its been a hard adjustment for the kids too. I am glad I found some support groups ilke this one.

mapleleaf_1 01-06-2007 11:09 PM

madii'swife it is a difficult time for the family starting out and even when you've been driving for a long time. If at any time you'd like to chat or anyone else feeling the same way message me. If I'm around I'll answer or message you back later. I use Yahoo messenger. Take care. Everyone be safe.

Truckfam 01-07-2007 07:14 AM

I have only found one solution to get over the crying, anxiety, worry, lonely, love sick school girl thing. I knew I didn't have the money or budget for it. I wen't ahead and did it anyhow. I got two cell phones. One for him and one for me with unlimited mobile to mobile.

If he doesn't mind talking while driving, he will need a hands free headset. If he can't talk then I ring him anyhow. He will hear it ringing, and know I tried to call. When he goes to his phone, he will see one missed message from me. He will know that I either want or need to talk to him. I know he will call back as soon as he is able to do so.

I also know if he wants/needs to talk to me or if something happens, he will call me. I also have three kids, and the phone has helped alot with I miss daddy.

I consider a cell phone a neccisity now and not just a want. Best thing is that when he is out whether short or long haul, I have the security of knowing we will be able to reach each other.

madii'swife 01-08-2007 01:44 AM

We have gone to the cellphones too. We had to have a deposit to get them though, so HAD to wait until his checks starting coming in. We are settling in some, not feeling very stressed unless he's having a hard time with something, and then its hard for me not to be affected by his problems and mood.

Cute puppies hog :)