Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   A Topic About Nothing (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/5801-topic-about-nothing.html)

Doctor Who 12-14-2004 11:58 PM

A Topic About Nothing

Have at it folks!!!!

Will this meager thread go as far as the "War Between The States" parody up the page...

A parody about nothing, yes nothing which most people start with and almost all still half of it left!

Don't forget NOTHING is the topic and nothing it shall remain with the exception of the Curmudgeonly ways of a dear friend and I'm not talking about Robert D. Raeford either...

Lady18wheels 12-15-2004 12:53 AM

curmudgeon = somebody who is irritable or stubborn: a bad-tempered, disagreeable, or stubborn person ( disapproving ).
Thank goodness for MSN Dictionary

Well now. I wonder who this could be????

Doctor Who 12-15-2004 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady18wheels
curmudgeon = somebody who is irritable or stubborn: a bad-tempered, disagreeable, or stubborn person ( disapproving ).
Thank goodness for MSN Dictionary

Well now. I wonder who this could be????

Yeah I wonder but it has nothing to do with the colour BLUE either!!!

Well, then again maybe it does...

Ah NOTHING what a great subject!!!

SPONGE BOB????

Ridge Runner 12-15-2004 02:37 AM

Robert D. "Halowed(sp) be thy name" Raeford. Yes, one of my favorite. Let's get him on board!!!! :D

bluebeetle 12-15-2004 12:13 PM

Gee Doc, I was wondering how long it was going to take before we had a posting that you would be an expert on.

ronnieman49 12-15-2004 12:39 PM

Me thinks the war between Doc and Blue is fixin to commence :shock:

Twilight Flyer 12-15-2004 12:52 PM

Nothing, you say?

WASHINGTON -- The latest New York Times/CBS News poll showed that Americans oppose posts about nothing by a 71-24 margin, while 5% indicated that they want the wardrobes in Desperate Housewives and for all football cheerleaders to consist of nothing.

However, within hours of the poll's publication, a 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals panel overturned the poll results and ordered Americans to change their minds about nothingness.

"This Court finds no reasonable precedent for the deeply-held beliefs of most Americans," according to the 13-page ruling. "Therefore, the survey results will forthwith demonstrate that 71 percent of Americans favor posts about nothing, and only 24 percent oppose the concept. That said, this Court rules in favor of nothing."

Lady18wheels 12-15-2004 01:48 PM

Quote:

Americans oppose posts about nothing by a 71-24 margin
The New York Times/CBS News article went on to say:
Quote:

Nothing is an awe-inspiring yet essentially undigested concept, highly esteemed by writers of an existentialist tendency, but by most others regarded with axiety, nausea, or panic. Nobody seems to know how to deal with it and plain persons generally are reported to have little difficulty in saying, seeing, hearing, and doing nothing.
Philosophers, however, have never felt easy on the matter, and are therefore filing an appeal to the court's decision.

bluebeetle 12-15-2004 01:52 PM

In related news the FCC Chairman Powell has announced that they will be appealing this decision based on the fact that people can't think of nothing that they must be thinking something and his agency must be the one that is telling us what to think so therefore this forum will be reviewed on a daily basis to make sure that those that are doing nothing are doing something that they have approved and those that are thinking of nothing must immediately begin thinking of things that are pertinent to the issue which is nothing.

ronnieman49 12-15-2004 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebeetle
In related news the FCC Chairman Powell has announced that they will be appealing this decision based on the fact that people can't think of nothing that they must be thinking something and his agency must be the one that is telling us what to think so therefore this forum will be reviewed on a daily basis to make sure that those that are doing nothing are doing something that they have approved and those that are thinking of nothing must immediately begin thinking of things that are pertinent to the issue which is nothing.

That makes my head hurt! I am sooo confused :roll: