Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers
You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Xm vs Sirius Satellite Radios (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/4748-xm-vs-sirius-satellite-radios.html)

RollinUSA 09-30-2004 06:17 AM

Xm vs Sirius Satellite Radios

I was wondering what everyone thought about these two different satellite radio brands. Both looked pretty good, so the other day I ordered the Sirius version, and it seems to be working out wonderfully! I love the no commercials, and not losing my stations as I travel. Any other opinions on these types of radios?

[Fe]fox 10-10-2004 06:19 AM

I tried both and liked the sirius the best. the XM seemed too, "Clean" for my taste, I like to listen to the comedy channels allot and found XM (BEEPING) out most of the acts.

I got the impression XM was more family based, and Sirius had a wider range of content as it wasnt cleaned up or censored for younger listeners...

Also I think Sirius has 3 satellites and XM only has one, I never did try XM in the Canadian rockies but Sirius has perfect coverage..

btinc 10-15-2004 04:20 AM

I could not decide so i got both.

R.C. 10-15-2004 06:28 AM

Sirius
:wink:

ben45750 07-02-2007 12:40 AM

ipod 8)

Fredog 07-02-2007 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by [Fe:
fox]I tried both and liked the sirius the best. the XM seemed too, "Clean" for my taste, I like to listen to the comedy channels allot and found XM (BEEPING) out most of the acts.

I got the impression XM was more family based, and Sirius had a wider range of content as it wasnt cleaned up or censored for younger listeners...

Also I think Sirius has 3 satellites and XM only has one, I never did try XM in the Canadian rockies but Sirius has perfect coverage..

stern had the inventor of satellite radio on his show, the guy ( now a woman) is a weirdo, but a genius. he figured out that by having 3 satellites in a figure 8 pattern, you could have coverage just about anywhere with just a small antenna

nickbtubas 07-02-2007 02:44 AM

sirius has no commercials on their music channels where xm does have commercials on some of the music channels...

I believe sirius has a better lineup of channels.

Nick

cclarke1268 07-02-2007 03:20 PM

I have sirius now and like it better than xm which I used to have, but I liked the truckin channel on xm better. And for the hand wondering about xm working in Canada mine did, dont know about sirius cause I dont run Canada anymore so I cant tell ya.

Fredog 07-02-2007 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by cclarke1268:
I have sirius now and like it better than xm which I used to have, but I liked the truckin channel on xm better. And for the hand wondering about xm working in Canada mine did, dont know about sirius cause I dont run Canada anymore so I cant tell ya.

Bubba interviewed rick from the ice road truckers show and he said Sirius works perfectly up there

cclarke1268 07-02-2007 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Fredog:

Originally Posted by cclarke1268:

Bubba interviewed rick from the ice road truckers show and he said Sirius works perfectly up there

That would be great for the ice road I watched the first episode at the house could't imagine truckin with no radio, and my singin... well my dog howls if I don't stop.