Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Hmmm.... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/47395-hmmm.html)

Twilight Flyer 01-11-2018 08:16 PM

Hmmm....

:cool:

Long time ago...'bout fifty years or so...

Roadhog 01-12-2018 12:45 AM

Twilight... no... I'm not your Father. :roll3: :D

Scoe 01-12-2018 12:46 AM

Who are you again?

Twilight Flyer 01-12-2018 01:28 PM

Just a shadow, reminiscing about days gone by. ;) The other day, Beetle and I were chatting about the great Nebraska/Iowa coffee war back in 2003. As I looked at my rows and rows of ribbons and military valor awards and all the skeletal heads of vanquished Nebraskans I had staked on my front lawn, I looked back over my shoulder. And there...in the distance...was the tarnished gleam of CAD land...where that great war to end all wars took place. :cool: So, I looked...and I beheld. :)

Roadhog 01-12-2018 04:32 PM

Why you guys weren't brought up on War crimes... I don't know. :D

Roadhog 01-12-2018 11:20 PM

I still feel bitter aboot the Brew Wars of '05 but this new Covfefe War has perked me up.

May you have 2-scoops my deplorable friend! :)

Blacksheep 01-14-2018 10:03 PM

OMG there is a couple on members I haven't seen post in a while, glad to see it, hope the New Year brings you both good fortune.

You too Hog my brother from another mother.

Twilight Flyer 01-15-2018 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadhog (Post 541479)
I still feel bitter aboot the Brew Wars of '05 but this new Covfefe War has perked me up.

Those were some epic times. :) I parlayed my famous battlefield wins into book and movie deals. :cool:

Roadhog 01-15-2018 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacksheep (Post 541491)
OMG there is a couple on members I haven't seen post in a while, glad to see it, hope the New Year brings you both good fortune.

You too Hog my brother from another mother.

Thanks for such a high compliment! :)
Since we are like family, I may as well tell you, I was lying to Twilight...:o
I probably am his Father. :D

Roadhog 01-16-2018 06:21 AM

Don't mind me, I have dain bramage. :)

Roadhog 01-16-2018 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer (Post 541497)
Those were some epic times. :) I parlayed my famous battlefield wins into book and movie deals. :cool:

Those Hollywood Producers haven't touched you... have they? :mad: #METOO

Twilight Flyer 01-17-2018 06:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadhog (Post 541508)
Those Hollywood Producers haven't touched you... have they? :mad: #METOO

No hankee pankee on the set. :D

Roadhog 01-25-2018 06:19 PM

So Twilight, I was just wondering if ... SQUIRREL

wot i life 01-26-2018 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadhog (Post 541479)

And so you should my dear old friend, that was a decisivie win for TEA, was it not? ha ha ha

Roadhog 01-27-2018 02:47 AM

Huh? - GASP! :) did you just break the Treaty?

... I think you just broke the Treaty! .... you can't do that! :mad:

I'm drinking a silky smooth dark roast with some sweetener and 2 scoops of chocolate mix, right now. I'm feeling a robust rush and overall warm feeling and sense of humble superiority.
Nothing beats a nice hot cup of Columbian beans picked by young maidens and hauled on their ass over miles of Jungle to my puckered lips.

mmmmmmmmmm - mmmmm good. :)

Roadhog 01-27-2018 05:29 PM

Last time I drank one of those Chinese Tea's,
I wanted to gnaw my own face off, to get rid of the taste. :roll3:

wot i life 02-05-2018 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadhog (Post 541638)
Last time I drank one of those Chinese Tea's,
I wanted to gnaw my own face off, to get rid of the taste. :roll3:

Confession time, I no longer drink TEA, or coffee, only drink water now. Ummm, and Guinness of course. Would be rude not to :-)

Roadhog 02-06-2018 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wot i life (Post 541717)
Confession time, I no longer drink TEA, or coffee, only drink water now. Ummm, and Guinness of course. Would be rude not to :-)

You would like coming to the International Coffee Club in my hometown, once in awhile.
Now that I am retired, I can go to the coffee club and meet with townsfolk over coffee, a lot more often. I live in my hometown, and actually next to the house I was brought up in, so I have a lifelong history here.

This coffee club was started back in the early '60's and I joined the day it began, with my Dad. I was 12 years old and he was the town Postmaster. We went to all the civic events, but this coffee hour was one of my favorite. We meet M-Sat. from 9 to 10 for coffee, and it's always been mostly old men who show up. What's nice is, it was the original forum like here. We would talk about anything and everything, solving the universal problems and getting into political debates, to telling jokes and whatnot.

When I was young, I hardly ever showed up, because of school or work, etc. but over the years, I showed up more and more. It is held at the FireHouse, which also was a big draw for me as a kid. I was always washing the fire trucks and helping out. We were a volunteer department, and I was pretty active with them from the age of 16 to 56.

I only go to the coffee hour a day or two a week, but it's still like it always was, aboot a dozen & a half grumpy old men. I'm one of the few remaining "original" members. One other guy there who joined opening day, like me. We call ourselves, The International Coffee Club, and I have the t-shirt to prove it. :D

Now when I say mostly grumpy old men, I'm 67 and the youngest guy there usually. :o We have guys who have a lot to say, some successful and rich enough to buy the whole town. You get an interesting time, and I always have a few jokes to add for a smile and laugh. We have a couple tea drinkers too. :mad:

wot i life 02-19-2018 11:30 PM

Thanks for sharing that with us, your story paints nice picture, and one I'll maybe get around to joining into one day.

Best wishes to you and your club mate :-)