Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Real life CAD Member sightings! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/38648-real-life-cad-member-sightings.html)

JewelsnTools 09-07-2009 12:13 AM

Real life CAD Member sightings!

I've loved this board since I found it, and can honestly say that most of the practical, usable knowledge I gained in my 1st two years of driving came from gleaning the wisdom from the experience of those here!

Long-winded. I know.
Anyway, it's always been a secret hope of mine to get to meet up with, in real life, some of the people I've come to feel so connected to. I'm still hoping for a "CAD vinyl sticky" or sunshade that I can proudly display in my window--in hopes that I'll get to meet some of you!!

Well, I finally did it! Not mentioning that incident with Ridge, Hobo, and the clown shoes, I got to sit and talk with the infamous, GPS-toting OhioMohawk!! Truly, he is a scholar and a gentleman!

Hey, Mohawk! I had a blast! Thanks for not laughing about the spider thing...

What experiences have you had with CAD Member sightings? Met any? Where? Did you get to sit together and talk? How'd you find out you were both CAD members??
Details! Details!!
Now....on to DevilDice, Rev. Vassago (and, yes, I know the Easter Bunny hates me!:), GMan, Lady North Star, and a few others who shall remain un-tipped-off that they are being stalked!
Jewels
P.S., Haha! I got your "cherry"!! (Where's Malaki's avatar when you need it!!)

Windwalker 09-07-2009 12:33 AM

Along with the "WHAT TRUCKSTOP ARE YOU AT", we also need a "WHERE ARE YOU GOING AND WHEN WILL YOU BE THERE" thread. might find out that the long hair behind the ROMAN SHIELD for a belt-buckle isn't the guy you thought he was.

I'll tell ya all right now, I'm very easy to spot. I drive a black Freightliner, pulling a reefer, and I'm generally dressed...:thumbsup:

Rev.Vassago 09-07-2009 12:50 AM

I'm working on getting authorization from Internet Brands (owners of CAD), at which point I'll design up some stickers and/or decals for the CAD community. Just waiting to hear back from them.

dobry4u 09-07-2009 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago (Post 461406)
I'm working on getting authorization from Internet Brands (owners of CAD), at which point I'll design up some stickers and/or decals for the CAD community. Just waiting to hear back from them.

That would be the "chit"!!! :clap:

freebirdrfd 09-07-2009 03:03 AM

i'll be the goodlooking guy with the big radio, in CT., MA, or R.I. :smokin: :cool: :D

Jumbo 09-07-2009 03:20 AM

Quote:

The sticker or decal should have a space on them so we could put our name on them in sharpy. Like:

CLASS A DRIVER.Com MEMBER: Write name here._________________________________

terrylamar 09-07-2009 03:24 AM

Quote:

This has been going on for over two years now. I won't even believe it if I ever see it.

BIG JEEP on 44's 09-07-2009 03:46 AM

I'll tell you this if you ever hear a driver asking over and over for directions to Wal-mart with a poorly fabricated foreign accent or a driver claiming to be BIG DADDY Werner asking drivers to participate in BIG DADDY's backing challenge you Met BIG JEEP ...lol

ronjon619 09-07-2009 03:55 AM

Have the sticker be Gman's avatar.

Rev.Vassago 09-07-2009 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrylamar (Post 461432)
This has been going on for over two years now. I won't even believe it if I ever see it.

Sigh. I know. When I requested permission from the site owners, I dug up the old thread where it was being discussed. The previous site owners requested suggestions for sticker designs, and posted a couple of potentials, and then the thread derailed. Supposedly they had some at one of the truck shows.

I can assure you that as soon as I get the go-ahead from the higher up's, this will happen. I'll be mocking up some designs later this week.

I will be sure to do at least one that has a space to write your CAD username on it.

JewelsnTools 09-07-2009 05:04 AM

The direction of this thread seems to have sort of blown a steer tire! I am glad to know, though, that a CAD Member ID symbol/sticky thing has been looked into. After what happened that day I walked around in DaisyDukes with "CAD" emblazoned across my flaps... I'd rather just do the sticky. Ok?

Who else has met someone from this site? Were they like you'd envisioned? I remember reading, and enjoying the account someone gave of having met a fellow member once before. Surely, we can't be the only two!!
I now solemnly add Jumbo to the list of beloved, stalked CAD Members.

Where did it happen?
Jewels

(Rev, you say someone said these stickys were available at a truck show at some point?)

BanditsCousin 09-07-2009 05:47 AM

I've met Steve Booth a few times. Actually got off the phone with him about an hour ago.

I met floored, and drank beer at her house.

I talk to tal95kw a lot. Stayed at his house a few times, one time for Thanksgiving dinner.

I even talked to the Rev on the phone for the better part of a minute like 4 years ago :) (via Teal's cell phone).

golfhobo 09-07-2009 05:59 AM

Quote:

I even talked to the Rev on the phone for the better part of a minute like 4 years ago!

After his 3 word answer, what did you do for the remaining 50 seconds? :smokin:

freebirdrfd 09-07-2009 12:46 PM

i hope people envision me to look alot like my picture. i would be the one asking if anybody wants a free body massage with a happy ending. i wonder why guys get all pissed off at me when i ask? :lol: :cool:

Ridge Runner 09-07-2009 02:31 PM

Funny you should ask. I just met-up with Orangetxguy last weekend. He knew where I lived and had a load to deliver here over the weekend. Sent me a PM and it was set. Too bad the timing wasn't better as our time was way too short but we did get to scarf down some Mex. food and visit a couple of hours.

Was he like I envisioned? Yes and no. He didn't have on suspenders. :rofl:
You can have an image in your mind ( hair color/style, height, weight, looks...ect ) but that is just what we make-believe about a person we have never met. He was what I expected tho: He looked just like a truck driver. The kind of guy that if you needed help, he would be the first one to offer. The kind of guy that even tho he had made plans ( with me ) and had the P/U and Del. times changed, he took it all in stride. He was/is the kind of guy I like to be around. The man out there getting the job done, likes what he does and does his best to do it right. They don't come any better.

Ridge

P.S. Do watch out tho. For a big guy he is FAST!!! I never seen a guy grab a check off the table as fast he did. :lol: The next one is on me!!!

Syncrosonix 09-07-2009 02:53 PM

i've seen bloomoose, rev, and ronjon.

devildice 09-07-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JewelsnTools (Post 461399)
What experiences have you had with CAD Member sightings? Met any? Where? Did you get to sit together and talk? How'd you find out you were both CAD members??
Details! Details!!
Now....on to DevilDice, Rev. Vassago (and, yes, I know the Easter Bunny hates me!:), GMan, Lady North Star, and a few others who shall remain un-tipped-off that they are being stalked!
Jewels

I was pulling out of a truck stop early one morning in VA (on I-81 I think) when I looked over at the truck stop across the street and saw the unmistakable Pete that belongs to "Rev.". I didn't get to talk to him but did confirm later on here on CAD that it was him parked there.

devildice 09-07-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrylamar (Post 461432)

yep, and although it would be nice to see it come to life, I won't hold my breath.

If anyone ever comes across a maroon colored 379 pulling a skateboard, look at the back of the sleeper. If it says "From the High Seas to the Highways" with "U.S. Navy Chief, Ret." under it.....that's me :p

BanditsCousin 09-07-2009 04:33 PM

Oh and I met Devildice to downtown Chicago when I sold him my 12v cooler. :)

devildice 09-07-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BanditsCousin (Post 461502)
Oh and I met Devildice to downtown Chicago when I sold him my 12v cooler. :)

I forgot all about that......LOL. You know I still use that cooler, it works great.

DaveP 09-07-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devildice (Post 461493)
yep, and although it would be nice to see it come to life, I won't hold my breath.

If anyone ever comes across a maroon colored 379 pulling a skateboard, look at the back of the sleeper. If it says "From the High Seas to the Highways" with "U.S. Navy Chief, Ret." under it.....that's me :p

Hmmmm....Fuel at the Petro in Hammond, LA in the last few weeks?

I remember seeing "U.S.Navy Chief, Ret" on a truck and thinking I should've stayed for 20.

devildice 09-07-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveP (Post 461507)
Hmmmm....Fuel at the Petro in Hammond, LA in the last few weeks?

I remember seeing "U.S.Navy Chief, Ret" on a truck and thinking I should've stayed for 20.

No, that wasn't me as I have been on vacation for the past 3 weeks and it's been a long time since I stopped at that place.

Jackrabbit379 09-08-2009 05:12 PM

I've never met anyone in person, but I talked to Bald Eagle on the radio about a month ago.

GMAN 09-08-2009 05:26 PM

I have spoken to several on the phone and met a few. It is nice to put a face with a name.

Syncrosonix 09-08-2009 07:29 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bjqmGmHDb1...+Man+comic.jpg

VPIDarkAngel 09-08-2009 07:52 PM

I don't think I've met anyone on here in person, but Hawkjr and I have probably [unknowingly] crossed paths at some point, given the location of his distribution center.

JewelsnTools 09-08-2009 09:01 PM

See? This is just what I was thinking! I've taken meticulous notes on the identifiers given here... :)

It sort of strikes me as strange to have gotten so much out of our on-line interactions--without ever having gotten the chance to buy a cup of coffee or a breakfast for the people who've made me laugh, think, and learn!

Keep 'em coming!

Hey, Burd----was that a joke?? I've grown old enough to be willing to pay, now!! :)

Jewels

Double R 09-08-2009 10:27 PM

I'm easy to spot.

If you are running along route 30 between Chambersburg,Pa to Lancaster,PA, just look for a white single-axle international pulling a pup trailer that says "Clover Hill foods" on it. That is on mondays.

Tuesdays is somewhere around centeral PA and back to Pittsburgh.

Rest of the week, around Pittsburgh and WV(Morgantown, Fairmont area)

And the CB is usually on, low but on.

golfhobo 09-08-2009 11:15 PM

I've met THREE CAD members in person.

The first was a lady who drove for Swift, and found me somehow "lacking." :lol:

I had the grace and decency NOT to return the "appraisal."

The second was Matcat. Different than I expected, but a really nice guy. He still owes me a few bucks.... but, I ain't worried about it! You doing allright, Mat? ;)

Then, there is RebelDarlin. We became friends after meeting on this forum. Contrary to what many might believe.... she is a very caring person. She saw me through some very hard times. She seems to understand me, which is not easy! And beyond that... she seems to LIKE me! So much for "good sense" eh?? :lol2:

We "talked" through emails for about a year, and then finally met in person this past July 4th at a cabin in Kentucky. The details are classified.... but, we had a good time. It was an experience that I will never forget, and one that ranks at the highest of my lifetime experiences!

I am not one to display my personal life here on CAD, but I wanted to share this. Years ago, I made a post about looking for someone to "team" with..... and it has become a POSSIBILITY. [because of this site.]

We're not sure where this will go.... but, without CAD, we would have never met. For that, I am forever gratefull.

I am a BIG fan of this site. I realize that my opinions are not always popular, and many want to argue with me. I have no problem with that. But, I have ALWAYS found this site to be stimulating.... and I hope that my friends here (if I have any) will be happy for me/us. ;)

Rev.Vassago 09-08-2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 461631)

I am a BIG fan of this site. I realize that my opinions are not always popular, and many want to argue with me. I have no problem with that. But, I have ALWAYS found this site to be stimulating.... and I hope that my friends here (if I have any) will be happy for me/us. ;)

Very well said.

I've met quite a few people from CAD. I'd say who, but with my horrible name recollection skills, I'd forget someone, so I'll just leave it at that.

I think someone spotted me the other day down in El Paso, because they pulled up along side me and were waving.

Fredog 09-09-2009 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner (Post 461485)
Funny you should ask. I just met-up with Orangetxguy last weekend. He knew where I lived and had a load to deliver here over the weekend. Sent me a PM and it was set. Too bad the timing wasn't better as our time was way too short but we did get to scarf down some Mex. food and visit a couple of hours.

Was he like I envisioned? Yes and no. He didn't have on suspenders. :rofl:
You can have an image in your mind ( hair color/style, height, weight, looks...ect ) but that is just what we make-believe about a person we have never met. He was what I expected tho: He looked just like a truck driver. The kind of guy that if you needed help, he would be the first one to offer. The kind of guy that even tho he had made plans ( with me ) and had the P/U and Del. times changed, he took it all in stride. He was/is the kind of guy I like to be around. The man out there getting the job done, likes what he does and does his best to do it right. They don't come any better.

Ridge

P.S. Do watch out tho. For a big guy he is FAST!!! I never seen a guy grab a check off the table as fast he did. :lol: The next one is on me!!!

he invited me to meet with him Saturday and I wanted to but I was stuck in Atlanta until 3 pm getting new shoes on my truck

JewelsnTools 09-09-2009 02:23 AM

Golf,
That's a whole 'nother level of excellent! Congratulations on finding (and hopefully keeping) someone to "team" with!!

Dang! You folks have just been out there meeting up a storm!! I can't wait for my sticky!!
Jewels

ronjon619 09-09-2009 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syncrosonix (Post 461487)
i've seen bloomoose, rev, and ronjon.

I thought you met Matcat?

Rev.Vassago 09-09-2009 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JewelsnTools (Post 461655)
I can't wait for my sticky!!

Speaking of sticky, I was meaning to do that to this thread. Thanks for the reminder.

Fredog 09-09-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago (Post 461635)
Very well said.

I've met quite a few people from CAD. I'd say who, but with my horrible name recollection skills, I'd forget someone, so I'll just leave it at that.

I think someone spotted me the other day down in El Paso, because they pulled up along side me and were waving.

was he waving with one finger?

Syncrosonix 09-09-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronjon619 (Post 461656)
I thought you met Matcat?

nope, never did.

tony, are you sure they weren't waving because you're driving a pete? that time at danny's those pete drivers who were leaving started waving. i guess it's a snob thang....like many harley riders. :rofl:

Rev.Vassago 09-09-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredog (Post 461692)
was he waving with one finger?

I certainly hope so, or I'm not doing my job.

Syncrosonix 09-10-2009 01:27 AM

i saw jumbo!

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/m...uckstop001.jpg

cdswans 09-10-2009 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronjon619 (Post 461435)
Have the sticker be Gman's avatar.

That was funny. I actually blew milk out my nose. The absolute funniest moment on this site was when Rev substituted everyone else's avatar with Gman's. April fool!

I haven't met anyone in person but have spoken on the phone with a few. I have seen most of the Drivers who post here. I drive a white Freightliner that says Swift on it. Anyone remember me? I'm not the one who crossed into your lane while I was waving to you.

Rev.Vassago 09-10-2009 03:02 AM

http://www.classadrivers.com/forum/a...-stickers.html