Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Yesterday was a great day (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/38306-yesterday-great-day.html)

Snowman7 07-19-2009 04:49 PM

Yesterday was a great day

Perfect weather. 75 and sunny. My out of town brother was in so My dad, son-in-law, both my brothers and my nephew got together at my house. We broke out a couple shotguns and the clay thrower and had a great time. It was awesome watching my father busting clays at 72 years old. The look on his face was priceless. He was 30 years younger. After dark we sat around a campfire and shot the bull. I guess you could call it one of those so called male bonding days. All I know is my dad really enjoyed himself and I'll remember this day forever. I know its a dorky post but I wanted to share it anyway!:p

Syncrosonix 07-19-2009 05:26 PM

that's awesome. on top of that, shooting the crap, and shooting clay pigeons. nothing is better than that.

dobry4u 07-19-2009 06:36 PM

sounds like a splendid time and thanks for sharing! I got a smile from it!!! :D

Malaki86 07-19-2009 06:45 PM

That is a perfect way to spend the day. Wish I could have more of days like that.

69XKE 07-19-2009 07:01 PM

I envy you.

My dad is 71 and lives in CA while I live in SC, so we don't see each other much. Enjoy the memories!

golfhobo 07-19-2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

After dark we sat around a campfire and shot the bull.
So.... what did the BULL do to pizz you off?? :lol2:

If you just HAD to KILL something.... you should have shot a cow! Now, you won't have anymore CALVES! :hellno::lol:

:rofl::rofl: Just kidding ya! ;)

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm sure your dad had a blast!

belpre122 07-19-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowman7 (Post 456552)
Perfect weather. 75 and sunny. My out of town brother was in so My dad, son-in-law, both my brothers and my nephew got together at my house. We broke out a couple shotguns and the clay thrower and had a great time. It was awesome watching my father busting clays at 72 years old. The look on his face was priceless. He was 30 years younger. After dark we sat around a campfire and shot the bull. I guess you could call it one of those so called male bonding days. All I know is my dad really enjoyed himself and I'll remember this day forever. I know its a dorky post but I wanted to share it anyway!:p

Yes............indeed the perfect day. Sounds like a perfect WVA male bonding day at first.............yet as fellow hillbilly Malakai so aptly pointed out......A perfect day no matter who or where you are. Nothing like a day with Pops and the family. Nothing.

8 more days in Indiana.....................then north bound good buddy! See ya in the funny papers SnowDOG! :p

Snowman7 07-19-2009 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belpre122 (Post 456589)
Yes............indeed the perfect day. Sounds like a perfect WVA male bonding day at first.............yet as fellow hillbilly Malakai so aptly pointed out......A perfect day no matter who or where you are. Nothing like a day with Pops and the family. Nothing.

8 more days in Indiana.....................then north bound good buddy! See ya in the funny papers SnowDOG! :p

Yeah WTH? I keep seeing tidbits about Alaska but I'm in the dark here. What gives man. Fill me in. BTW I'm going to the Brickyard Sunday you gonna be there?

golfhobo 07-20-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowman7 (Post 456590)
Yeah WTH? I keep seeing tidbits about Alaska but I'm in the dark here. What gives man. Fill me in.

Yeah, what's up, Bel? I don't remember reading anything on you gettin a job in Alaska! Fill us in!

Orangetxguy 07-20-2009 08:50 PM

Bel has been watching to much TV lately!! He has had a vision of catching crab and driving the Dalton Highway!! :rofl: :rofl: Gonna go up there and show them Eskimos how to kiss and drive too!! :clap::clap:

What won't a guy do for a woman??? :ranting::ranting::ranting: