Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Jumbo's 20 questions (like we'll need that many) (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/35126-jumbos-20-questions-like-well-need-many.html)

Jumbo 08-23-2008 12:56 PM

People who lie. Be honest with me and I will be honest with you. I am not perfect but I don't expect you to be either.

Jumbo 08-23-2008 01:00 PM

People who litter
People who are lazy
People who complain about their situation but don't do anything about it.

vavega 08-24-2008 10:49 AM

what do you do for relaxation? :D

Double L 08-24-2008 11:01 AM

What type of music do you enjoy listening to?

Jumbo 08-24-2008 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vavega
what do you do for relaxation? :D

Usually when I get home I take a couple hours and just sit in the couch to just relax. After that I go watch the movies I want to see, I go out to eat, I cook because I like to just dink around in the kitchen with the music on, I visit with my parents in person. Sometimes I go out to the bars and watch other people make asses out of themselves, I just do what I want to. I am up early even when I am home so the entire time is mine, no sleeping in. I do all my bill paying and banking online during the week while I am on the road and when I get back to the terminal there is a laundrymat right around the corner so I get my clothes washed and back in the truck in an hour and a half so I don't have to do it when I get home.

Jumbo 08-24-2008 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double L
What type of music do you enjoy listening to?

Being in a truck all day I can listen to just about anything. I have X.M. I listen to the pop channels, some country but that is sounding more like pop, alternative, some rap. I like hard rock and some heavy metal. I shy away from the industrial and death metal. Sounds like a guy barking like a dog into a microphone for 5 minutes and the name of the song is "Butterflies and Puppydogs Playing in a Field". I love O&A and Ron and Fez.

As far as songs I like:

"Handlebars" by the Flobots
"Kids with Guns" by the Gorillaz
"Closer" by NIN
"Paper Planes" by M.I.A.
"Lights and Sounds" by Yellowcard
"Cupids Chokehold" by Gym Class Heroes
"Diamonds and Rust" by Joan Baez
"Hurricane" by Bob Dylan

So, As you can see I will listen to just about anything.

Windwalker 08-24-2008 01:47 PM

I see that your location is "NORTHERN WISCONSIN".

Being a WI native myself, my first 50 years spent in Marathon County, how far north in the state are you?

vavega 08-24-2008 02:52 PM

let's see if i can sneak a 2nd one in here :P

how did you get into trucking?

Jumbo 08-24-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windwalker
I see that your location is "NORTHERN WISCONSIN".

Being a WI native myself, my first 50 years spent in Marathon County, how far north in the state are you?

I am from the small town of Laona. It is a nice place where you can go into the store with your vehicle running and it will be there when you come out. I commute to Wausau for work though.

Jumbo 08-24-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vavega
let's see if i can sneak a 2nd one in here :P

how did you get into trucking?

You can ask as many as you want. I had always wanted to be a truck driver. I got my Chauffers license when I was in highschool yet. After highschool I went to work for my dad's logging business and one day I saw an ad for parttime mechanic. So for about a year I was logging during the week and greasing and changing tires on weekends. That spring the owner of the trucking company asked if I wanted to drive truck, so I changed jobs. That was 15 years ago. I stayed at the first job 4 1/2 years till he got divorced and went bankrupt. A week later I started working for his cousin and I was there for 10 1/2 years till this spring when I took the job I have now hauling oversize stuff. I am glad I made the switch. I am making more money and I got back the passion I have for driving.