Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Consequences of actions. (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/34995-consequences-actions.html)

syl77dar 08-13-2008 01:09 PM

$$$ will pay 4 her freedom

Sad part is she probably comes from wealth and they buy their way out of everything. My sister who was a nurse was killed about same time of am 3:30 am back in 1995 down by Jeff City, MO by an 18 yr old drunk female driver who never did one days time in jail. She was some politicians' daughter. My sister was doa and the girl hit her and drug her a block b4 she stopped. I hate drunk drivers! I was hit back in 1982 at 10:00 am by a drunk driver and the idiot tried to claim workmans' comp and was able to pay the cops off since it was a little tiny backwoods town in Kansas. Why is it the drunks almost always get off?

mommee 08-13-2008 01:09 PM

I've driven across that bridge several times and it's a scary bridge to drive on, at least for me. Just because, there is no where to go but the water, for the most part. :sad:

ironeagle_2006 08-13-2008 01:12 PM

Were in the Hell is that DA. When my friend had his fatal in 96 he wanted to charge him wiht 2nd degree murder even though the other guy was DRUNK and speeding. Yet this DA is more worried about his Election prospects than doing his freaking job. POut me on any jury with her case on it trust me her butt will end up in prison.

RostyC 08-13-2008 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by mommee
I've driven across that bridge several times and it's a scary bridge to drive on, at least for me. Just because, there is no where to go but the water, for the most part. :sad:

I've driven it a lot over the years as well, the only time it really bothers me is when they shut one bridge down and run two way traffic on the other. That makes me a little nervous.

Not so long ago there was an accident involving a vehicle towing a trailer that didn't have his safety chains attached and the trailer came unhooked, that accident also involved a big truck, I'll see if I can find a link. I believe there was a fatality in that one as well.

RostyC 08-13-2008 01:24 PM

That didn't take as long as I thought here the link.
http://wjz.com/topstories/Bay.Bridge....2.432901.html

Here a video
http://wjz.com/video/[email protected]

Mr. Ford95 08-13-2008 08:45 PM

Matcat, that's why I said ASAP. Unless the family of the driver already has a lawyer who was able to get to the pics, they won't surface in court as legal evidence.

Rosty's link is a total joke by the investigators.

It's a lengthy crash report by Transportation Authority Police, full of details on the horrendous crash. But bottomline investigators say this may have been a pure accident with no one criminally responsible.
Utter chaos erupted on the bridge after a homemade trailer came loose. It caused a chain reaction crash as vehicles behind it swerved to avoid it.

Now the newly released crash report finds the fault lies solely with the driver of the SUV, which was pulling the homemade trailer. According to the report, there was no safety hitch pin used. That would have prevented the trailer from coming loose. Also, the safety chains meant to help in case the trailer did come loose were too long, according to the report. Despite the faulty trailer hitch, the report indicates it was a horrible accident that could not have been predicted.
It could not have been predicted? Hello, if you don't lock the latch in the trailer will eventually come unhitched. That would be criminal enough for me. They then said the police could do nothing because ain't no law on the books in Maryland about how a trailer should be hooked up. Guess they have never heard of negligence?

BigDiesel 08-13-2008 09:19 PM

Where is Golfhobo's responses ?!??!??!????!!!!

I would expect him to defend this woman..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

vavega 08-13-2008 09:20 PM

it seems logical to me and you mr. ford, but i guess the state of maryland has different standards. :roll: :?

Legislation aimed at preventing accidents like one that killed three people on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge last year was approved by the Maryland Senate on Friday.
The Senate voted 45-0 for the measure, which defines various devices that are used to tow vehicles.
The bill also sets a maximum penalty of $1,000, if a violation of the new regulations causes death or serious injury.
The bill requires that a towed vehicle be securely attached to the towing vehicle by a connection that is structurally adequate for the weight drawn.
The measure also spells out that the connection must be mounted properly and securely without excessive slack.
The bill also requires a locking device that prevents separation of the towed and towing vehicles.
so now in maryland, you can kill 3 people and injure 7 and only have to pay $1,000 for you "negligence".

something in rosty's link that disturbs me even more is this story :shock: :!:

Mr. Ford95 08-13-2008 11:15 PM

Vavega, it's Baltimore, doesn't surprise me there at all. Place is rough.

Windwalker 08-13-2008 11:58 PM

I've also been across that bridge a number of times. Generally, from east to west so that I don't have to pay the toll. (we don't have a "cheap-skate smiley", do we?) I've never known just how deep the water is, but always enjoyed seeing the boats, and a ship once in a while. When my wife was with me, she would use the camera and get some great pictures of boats and the like.

They're saying that from all the tracks, the driver tried to avoid hitting the car, and bounced between the sides before he went over. He should not even have been there. The company had a load and no one to take it, so he did. I have no idea how many times, I've been told the same thing from my company. And, Yes, I also take it. As to how his family is coping, this is the latest thing I've seen.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews

Even his ex-wife speaks well of him. I really feel bad for his family. As to the young lady, I won't say what I'd like to see done to her. She might find prison time a bit kinder.