Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Let's all DUI in our trucks...... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/34963-lets-all-dui-our-trucks.html)

Windwalker 08-12-2008 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double R
Quote:

Originally Posted by Windwalker
Do you think they would be driving a truck if they were "ROCKET SCIENTISTS"???

Maybe. I have meet and heard a few that clam they gave up a six figure job to drive a truck. :lol:

I've met one also. He'd been working for AMOCO CHEMICAL for eighteen years, until the company moved to MEXICO. And, after that, a lot of companies will say that you are OVER-QUALIFIED. "We have to pay you according to your experience, and we MUST start new employees at the starting wage. We can not pay you at two levels at the same time. We can't hire you". Yes, I HAVE heard that before. That was why I went to work at an electric motor plant rather than a TV station some years ago.

This guy might have been driving a truck, and pulling a trailer with a backhoe, but that truck is also allowed to go where we can not go. He was not one of us in that sense. But, the public lumps us all into one basket.

Orangetxguy 08-12-2008 05:03 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Maybe. I have meet and heard a few that clam they gave up a six figure job to drive a truck. :lol:

I've met one also. He'd been working for AMOCO CHEMICAL for eighteen years, until the company moved to MEXICO. And, after that, a lot of companies will say that you are OVER-QUALIFIED. "We have to pay you according to your experience, and we MUST start new employees at the starting wage. We can not pay you at two levels at the same time. We can't hire you". Yes, I HAVE heard that before. That was why I went to work at an electric motor plant rather than a TV station some years ago.

This guy might have been driving a truck, and pulling a trailer with a backhoe, but that truck is also allowed to go where we can not go. He was not one of us in that sense. But, the public lumps us all into one basket.

Amoco Chemical became part of BP, when they merged in 1998. While I am sure that they opened a plant in Mexico...most of the plants that were AMOCO before 1998, are BP now. Some were sold, because of FTC regulations...but they didn't move to Mexico. They just changed the name to "Huntsman" or "Celanese" or "Oxy", depending on which chemical company was salivating over the particular plant.

RebelDarlin 08-12-2008 05:30 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

In this forum it isn't the public lumping us all together, now is it?

belpre122 08-12-2008 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RebelDarlin
In this forum it isn't the public lumping us all together, now is it?

Define "us." As referenced above. Us..............?

RebelDarlin 08-12-2008 06:07 AM

Read what I quoted and see if you can figure it out.