Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Hey Jackrabbit379, (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/30412-hey-jackrabbit379.html)

WildK9 10-27-2007 10:53 PM

Hey Jackrabbit379,

I just sold my truck and got the 01 Volvo. When you buy any trucks, or fuel,or do repairs try to go to a city with one of our terminals. You'll get a discount and it takes no fatigue points. I got $600 off the truck price in Jacksonville. :wink:

Malaki86 10-27-2007 11:11 PM

Re: Hey Jackrabbit379,

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildK9
I just sold my truck and got the 01 Volvo. When you buy any trucks, or fuel,or do repairs try to go to a city with one of our terminals. You'll get a discount and it takes no fatigue points. I got $600 off the truck price in Jacksonville. :wink:

Heh - I'm on Trukz as well. I have the '97 KW W900 right now. Am on a load from Mexico to Anchorage of tires under contract. The load will pay me $9,311 when I get it there.

WildK9 10-27-2007 11:15 PM

Re: Hey Jackrabbit379,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaki86
Quote:

Heh - I'm on Trukz as well. I have the '97 KW W900 right now. Am on a load from Mexico to Anchorage of tires under contract. The load will pay me $9,311 when I get it there.

DAYUM!! I think I saw a post on SEE's website. Did you leave them? Who do you work for now? They are working hard to get some contracts, or so they say.

Malaki86 10-27-2007 11:32 PM

I left SEE and went to Canadian Freightways. They seem to ALWAYS have multi contracts. Plus they have 16 or 17 terminals.

WildK9 10-27-2007 11:41 PM

Yeah, they are the biggest.

Mackman 10-28-2007 12:06 AM

am palying trukz and i suck give me some pointers and am with teanster local 95

WildK9 10-28-2007 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman
am palying trukz and i suck give me some pointers and am with teanster local 95

How big is your company? You get cheaper fuel and repairs at a terminal, so it's better to be with a company that has lots of terminals. :wink:

I'm getting $1.13/mile for glass from Jacksonville to Charlotte. Also, get on a contract with your company. Like Malaki said, you can make GOOD money on a contract. :wink:

As soon as you can, get out of those cabovers and upgrade! Even if you have to take out a loan. :wink:

Don't drive over 10 hours! When FP is at 11, don't do anything, but rest.

K9

WildK9 10-28-2007 12:23 AM

Another thing...edit your driver and make sure your gamestyle is set to casual, instead of standard. You get a month to deliver. You can still deliver early, but this way, if you forget to log on for a few days, you won't be late for delivery and have to pay the charges. :wink:

mike3fan 10-28-2007 12:59 PM

what company you guys with?

WildK9 10-28-2007 01:51 PM

South Eastern Express 8)

I can't get myself to work for Canadian Freightways, because they're the largest. It would be like working for JBHunt. :lol: :P

Malaki86 10-28-2007 03:33 PM

:LOL:

It's rough getting started on Trukz - your truck is gonna be crap, it will take forever to get where you're going, breaks down all the time, etc.

I eventually took out 3 $1000 loans and got my KW. I still have breakdowns, but not as many as before. Also, my truck can run @ 85mph so it doesn't take as long to make the deliveries. I paid my loans off within a couple of contract runs.

The only purchases I've made have been the CB, tires and an air filter. I'm banking all of my money as soon as I get it (I run in the red for each load). I'm saving for my next truck which will be in the $50-60k range.

Make sure you work for a company that does contract loads. If you're not under contract loads you'll barely be able to make any money at all.

WildK9 10-28-2007 04:23 PM

Quote:

Make sure you work for a company that does contract loads. If you're not under contract loads you'll barely be able to make any money at all.

Very good advice!

I'm amazed at how many people are playing, that have nothing to do with trucking. Trying to get more RL truckers playing. :shock:

mike3fan 10-28-2007 04:37 PM

can we get a company going of just or mostly CAD posters?

WildK9 10-28-2007 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike3fan

That would be cool. 8)

mike3fan 10-28-2007 04:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike3fan

That would be cool. 8)

I am only on my second run,so some of you that are more advanced need to set it up or get the ball rolling.

shyykatt 10-28-2007 04:47 PM

Isn't driving trucks in real life enough for ya'll?! :lol:

WildK9 10-28-2007 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyykatt

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shoot, with 4 fantasy football teams, and 2 fantasy nascar teams, I needed something having to do with fantasy trucking. :wink:

mike3fan: I'm too new myself. I think you have to have logged so many miles, have a higher driver rating, and $7000 cash to start a company. So it may be some time before we can open one up.

mike3fan 10-28-2007 04:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyykatt

Shoot, with 4 fantasy football teams, and 2 fantasy nascar teams, I needed something having to do with fantasy trucking. :wink:

mike3fan: I'm too new myself. I think you have to have logged so many miles, have a higher driver rating, and $7000 cash to start a company. So it may be some time before we can open one up.

cool it will be something to work towards

Ridge Runner 10-28-2007 04:56 PM

They are the last of the true die-hards. Drive a truck all day then pretend to drive a truck on their breaks. To top it all off, inbetween all that, they come to a truck message board to post about it to help others. They are the FEW that truely LOVE their job.

That, or they have just been out a little too long and are in bad need of some hometime. :P

WildK9 10-28-2007 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
They are the last of the true die-hards. Drive a truck all day then pretend to drive a truck on their breaks. To top it all off, inbetween all that, they come to a truck message board to post about it to help others. They are the FEW that truely LOVE their job.

That, or they have just been out a little too long and are in bad need of some hometime. :P

ROFLMAO!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Once in awhile, I frequent Shockwave.com, or some game site. :P

Love my Texas Hold'em on PartyPoker.com.

No matter where I go, I'm always WildK9! :wink:

K9

Ridge Runner 10-28-2007 05:01 PM

BTW: Congrats on the 1,000,000 mile mark!!!

WildK9 10-28-2007 05:04 PM

Quote:

BTW: Congrats on the 1,000,000 mile mark!!!

Thanx, Ridge!

Ridge Runner 10-28-2007 05:15 PM

OK. You got me. I went there and registered. :oops:

WildK9 10-28-2007 05:18 PM

Trust me, the biggest 3 suggestions I can give are:

1) edit your driver and change the gameplay style from standard to casual. (you'll never be late, they give you a month to deliver)

2) immediately get a loan for $1000 and get the $6000 truck. (it goes faster and fewer breakdowns)

3) join a company :wink:

Ridge Runner 10-28-2007 05:43 PM

Quote:

Trust me, the biggest 3 suggestions I can give are:

1) edit your driver and change the gameplay style from standard to casual. (you'll never be late, they give you a month to deliver)

2) immediately get a loan for $1000 and get the $6000 truck. (it goes faster and fewer breakdowns)

3) join a company :wink:

Please tell me there is a Prime L/P deal on there so I can get rich fast. :P

Malaki86 10-28-2007 05:49 PM

LOL

No - there's no lease-purchase deals available. It's been suggested but hasn't went any further.

As far as starting a CAD company - that would be cool. Might have to check into it.

WildK9 10-28-2007 05:53 PM

Quote:

Please tell me there is a Prime L/P deal on there so I can get rich fast. :P

Quote:

As far as starting a CAD company - that would be cool. Might have to check into it.

You're probably in the best position, out of anyone on CAD, to do it. :wink:

Malaki86 10-28-2007 05:55 PM

Well, here's the info on starting a company:

Quote:

Companies allow drivers to interact with one another and cooperate in the game. Companies require a startup investment of $7,000 by the company founder, known as the company CEO. There can only be one CEO per company who is responsible for managing the company and hiring and firing company members. Drivers need to have logged at least 10,000 miles before starting a company. Drivers must not have any existing loans before starting a company as well.

There are many possible benefits to being a member of a company in Trukz. Companies can provide members assistance based on percentages of repair fees, fuel costs, and ticket fees. The fees that the company assists its members with come out of the company’s budget so it will be up to the CEO to manage the company carefully and select assistance percentages that the company can afford as well as hire members who will be responsible drivers for the good of the company. Other BIG benefits of belonging to a comany are zero fatigue penalties for refueling and repairing while at a company terminal as well as increased profits on route collections for hauling company prefered cargos. See the routes topic for more details on driver pay calculations.

Any player can start a company as long as they have the necessary funds and are not currently a member or CEO of an existing company. If you are already a member of an existing company you will need to leave the current company you are working for. Once you leave your current company the Create a Company link will appear on the Trukz left navigation menu. To start the company you will need to give a name for your company and then choose percentages for route collections, repair assistance, fuel assistance, and ticket assistance. These percentages are important because this is where new drivers would decide if they like your company based on the percentages that would be taking away from there pay on end route collections and how much assistance they would receive for their repair, fuel, and ticket assistance from your company. Even drivers who are working for other companies might quit their company and come work for your company, becuase they might like the percentages you have set for your company over their existing company. Once a company is created the CEO will have access to the following screens:

Main Display: After you create your company the View Company link will appear in the Trukz navigation menu. This screen will display all the details of your company, link you to additional company options, and it is also the place where others drivers will place an application to work for you.

Applicants: To view the drivers who have applied for your company go to the View Applicants link and you will see the information of your driver applicants. If you need more details on a particular applicant click on the driver’s name. This will take you to the driver's information display screen and from there you can view the applicant's routes (if they were late or on time) and if they have any tickets on their driving record. This is important because you want good drivers to work for you, to get the shipment on time and not late to the company. At this point you can choose either to approve or deny the application.

Terminals: Company terminals are located in cities of the company CEO's choice and represent primary operation centers for your company. Company terminals provide a 10% bonus for goods delivered to a city with a company terminal. Company terminals appear on the map as blue markers where as non-company terminal city locations appear as red markers on the map. Each company can have up to 10 terminals. Each company is allowed to select one headquarter terminal. Headquarters provide 25% reduction in the cost of fuel and repairs for drivers who are currently in the headquarter city and NOT currently in-route.

Ledger: You can also view your company transactions by going to the View Ledger tab. The ledger like a bookkeeping of your company’s money where all of your transactions are recorded. Here it will show your income on what comes in and what goes out. It also keeps a record of your money of the date and time of the transaction, the reason for it and how much you spent. Income will be shown in green and expenses in red.

Edit: You also have the option to edit your company at any time via the Edit Company tab. This will allow you to go into your company and do some changes to your Collection Percentage, Repair Assistance, Fuel Assistance, and Ticket Assistance. Be careful if you do decide to go up on your percentages you could lose some drivers that work for your company.
So, it basically requires the $7k investment to get started. I can easily swing that after I complete my current run ($9k payout). Who all is interested in a CAD company?

WildK9 10-28-2007 06:00 PM

Quote:

So, it basically requires the $7k investment to get started. I can easily swing that after I complete my current run ($9k payout). Who all is interested in a CAD company?

Well, if you're able to bid on and get some contracts, then I'd be more than happy to join. Also, try to get a few terminals, I enjoy refueling and repairing without losing FP's. (and it's cheaper) :P

Mackman 10-28-2007 08:55 PM

whats the best company to join do you guys think??? I like being part of the teamsters but i just checked and they have no loads. How much of a loan can i take out. How many 1k loans can i get i got 1600 right now but thats it.

mike3fan 10-28-2007 09:26 PM

I think if you start a company we will all join and we can create a strong company espesically if we help each other learn the ropes

Malaki86 10-28-2007 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman
whats the best company to join do you guys think??? I like being part of the teamsters but i just checked and they have no loads. How much of a loan can i take out. How many 1k loans can i get i got 1600 right now but thats it.

$1k per day for the loans. As for the best companies, go to the Contracts page and see who is doing the most contracts.

RostyC 10-28-2007 09:44 PM

I'm in. (Like I needed another distraction) CAD company would be cool 8)

I just completed my first run. :D

Mackman 10-28-2007 09:51 PM

right now am haulin MILK for peanuts. .64 a mile. But it was the best load i could get. I need to get these 1.00+ loads

mike3fan 10-28-2007 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RostyC
I'm in. (Like I needed another distraction) CAD company would be cool 8)

I just completed my first run. :D

It is actually cutting into my CAD time......doh!

TK THE TRUCKER 10-29-2007 12:16 AM

I joined up too. I just started my first run. Looks like I'm going to need a loan to refuel just to make delivery. Probably not a very good way to start out. 8) 8)

RostyC 10-29-2007 12:55 AM

Can you have two drivers? I was thinking of creating another one and making him a "Hobby Trucker" :lol: :lol: That way I could see the sites :D

Edit: I'm going to name the hobby trucker "Rev" :lol: :lol:

Malaki86 10-29-2007 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TK THE TRUCKER
I joined up too. I just started my first run. Looks like I'm going to need a loan to refuel just to make delivery. Probably not a very good way to start out. 8) 8)

You can run in the "red". I do that all the time as I bank all of my profit from a run as soon as I complete the trip. If you look at the driver list, you'll see people in the red by $5-6,000.

TK THE TRUCKER 10-29-2007 01:30 AM

Quote:

You can run in the "red". I do that all the time as I bank all of my profit from a run as soon as I complete the trip. If you look at the driver list, you'll see people in the red by $5-6,000.

So I don't need a loan to refuel? I should have chosen a shorter first trip. The one I'm on is going to take 4 days to complete and doesnt pay squat :oops: I added all you guys to my saved drivers list:D

TK THE TRUCKER 10-29-2007 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RostyC
Can you have two drivers? I was thinking of creating another one and making him a "Hobby Trucker" :lol: :lol: That way I could see the sites :D

Edit: I'm going to name the hobby trucker "Rev" :lol: :lol:

I too should start a second account. I'm going to name it "Qualcomm" . I'm going to keep track of everything you do. I'm going to annoy the crap out of you with repowers and wonder why your showing out of route ? I'm going to bother you a couple times a day with "R u ok 4 ontime del ? ", even though your at a truckstop 15 miles from the customer and don't deliver until tomorrow. And why is your fuel mileage down ? Have you been speeding? Also, at night and on the weekends I'm not going to answer you at all. :D :D