Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   T A in Atlanta closed..! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/29803-t-atlanta-closed.html)

flood 09-22-2007 04:20 AM

T A in Atlanta closed..!

i picked up a fedex in atlanta I-285 ex 53 yesterday and the T A was closed. K-rails across the driveway...! asked fedex what was up and thay said leo closed it down because of all the crime going on....

Uturn2001 09-22-2007 04:39 AM

No big loss there, except maybe to the lot lizzards and drug dealers. :roll:

GMAN 09-22-2007 01:46 PM

That place has been bad news for years. That is no great loss as far as I am concerned.

PackRatTDI 09-22-2007 02:19 PM

It wasn't all bad. An employee found my lost wallet there and mailed it to Stevens Transport's Dallas HQ completely intact. :D

Part Time Dweller 09-22-2007 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uturn2001

There wouldn't be any drug dealers or lot lizards at truck stops if there wasn't any demand for them from truck drivers, now would there? :lol:

countryhorseman 09-22-2007 03:37 PM

It was closed when I went through there about 2 weeks ago. Of course the rumours were from one end to the other of why they were shut down. The place was a mess to start with, but it is one less place to park. And when guys that expect it to be there, and not at the end of their driving shift, it is causing some real problems.

If Atlanta had their way, trucks would not be allowed to park anywhere withing 10 miles of the loop! I always plan to stop outside of Atlanta anyway.

Malaki86 09-22-2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryhorseman
If Atlanta had their way, trucks would not be allowed to park anywhere withing 10 miles of the loop! I always plan to stop outside of Atlanta anyway.

If I had my way I wouldn't go within 100 miles of Atlanta - period.

Uturn2001 09-22-2007 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Part Time Dweller
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uturn2001

There wouldn't be any drug dealers or lot lizards at truck stops if there wasn't any demand for them from truck drivers, now would there? :lol:

True but 3 lizards and 2 dealers for every driver is still some what ridiculous. :wink:

countryhorseman 09-22-2007 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaki86
Quote:

Well, that would definitely be a plus, very good point!

Fredog 09-22-2007 11:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaki86
Quote:

Well, that would definitely be a plus, very good point!

A prostate exam is much more pleasant than driving through Atlanta