Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Truckload of 'candy'? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/27328-truckload-candy.html)

Ridge Runner 06-01-2007 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadhog
I blame low wages, and the high price of gas. :? :)

Shame on you Roadhog. You KNOW you have to blame Bush FIRST. Then if that don't stick you may place blame where you choose. :P

Jimbpard 06-01-2007 06:30 PM

I blame the high price of gas and Bush. If Kerry was president, we wouldnt have ANY drugs around. Afterall, he served in the Korean conflict

Fozzy 06-01-2007 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbpard
I blame the high price of gas and Bush. If Kerry was president, we wouldnt have ANY drugs around. Afterall, he served in the Korean conflict

:?:

madpuppy 06-01-2007 08:14 PM

busted

I read a story in landline about an O/O who was hauling one of those big asphalt rolling machines had all the paper work, he pulls in for an inspection and a drug sniffing dog goes nuts!. Someone packed the inside of the roller with dope. It was a few years back, he lost his truck everything , I haven`t heard what the whole out come was.

Mr. Ford95 06-01-2007 10:34 PM

Saw one yesterday on 95 in Stafford, Va. They were going nuts over the truck after they had pulled him over I reckon. 2 officers had on bullet-proof vests, one was in the trailer with the other standing on the ground observing. Another was up in the cab and the driver was nowhere to be seen. Wasn't but 2 cruiser's(1 was State the other, the local county mounty) and the local Sheriff's DOT officer, a 3rd cruiser had just left as I came by. Didn't make today's local paper, maybe tomorrow's though. Been a lot of drug busts the past 3 days locally and not with trucks. Seized 122 pounds in one after the driver was stopped for doing 84 in a 65 and then allowed the officer to search the vehicle knowing he had coke in the trunk. The other took down 2 illegal's over 10, yes 10 whole ounces. Street value: $100,000 for that little ol 10 ounces and took a whole SWAT team to get the bust.

countryhorseman 06-02-2007 12:54 AM

I go through border check points down here in Texas a couple of times a week.

They ask: " are you and American Citizen" Yes Sir
They ask: " is anyone in the truck with you" Nope, all by myself

They say: "Have a nice day"

I could have a sleeper full of whatever or whomever and they would never know it. Ever now and again, the dogs will sniff at the trailer tires. Although, I do see about once a week a big truck over in the impound area that they caught with contraband or a non-legal driver. They seem to focus more on the 4-wheeler traffic than the trucks.

Sealed or not, they have full legal authority to have you break that seal and open the trailer.

Oh, notice Wednesday that they have the truck with the scanner set up off to the side at the Laredo check point.

countryhorseman 06-02-2007 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbpard

If Kerry were President, Osama Bin Laden would have the Lincoln Suite at the White House. Mexico would have annexed Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California by defualt. And as for drugs, there would be a candy stand on the white house lawn. Oh, and don't forget his wife, what was she French - and you know how cowardly the French are.

BanditsCousin 06-02-2007 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by century451
In my Opinion I think those loads that get caught are narced by the shippers that ship them to get others loads through undetected. To me it makes no sense as to how law enforcement gets so lucky with drug busts.

Its all a game. For every 4 trucks that get through, the dealers give up one easy catch to the cops. I really can't speak about that any further.

shyykatt 06-02-2007 01:58 PM

Well, it was 1 1/2 tons of marijuahoweveryou spell it; maybe thats why they couldnt drive well, do you suppose they took a little sample along the way lol?