Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Get out and write your Congressman Abot the Mexican truck Dr (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/25439-get-out-write-your-congressman-abot-mexican-truck-dr.html)

hoosierdaddy 03-11-2007 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dejanh
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosierdaddy
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dejanh
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosierdaddy
I could have sworn I saw something in the Constitution about term limits. Five or six years or something like that?

Anyways, why all the whining about Mexican truck drivers? I think they come up here to my city once a week and in order to do that they have to drive through the states. What's the big friggin' deal? Like I said in another thread, American truck drivers are in Canada all the time. Why can't Mexican truck drivers be in your country? :roll:

Big deal is that the rates will come down,WTH??????

ARE YOU ACCTUALY PART OF THIS BUISINESS AT ALL ??

:roll:

Where did I claim to be part of this business and what the hell does that matter? I'm still interested in truck driving. Excuse me for not having enough money at the time for truck driving school. Some of us in this world don't make the dollars you do to worry about "rates coming down". If rates come down, you work more! Problem solved.

No, the big deal is you're talking like a racist. :roll:

So what's your excuse for American truck drivers coming and clogging up our streets? Why is that allowed? Won't it "bring rates down"? :roll:

Hoosier...The reason "rates" coming down is bad, is not because "WE" as driver's will get to work MORE. It is BECAUSE WE AS DRIVERS WILL GET TO WORK MORE, FOR LESS, When a Driver's rate goes down, that means the "WAGE" went down. Right now, in America, a Rookie makes anywhere from 26 cents per mile to 34 1/2 cents per mile depending on the company. Bring in thousands of Mexican Trucks, where those drivers are paid 11 to 19 cents per mile...IF they are lucky, and American jobs will be pushed out the door.

Right now, when YOU see a Mexican driving a Truck in Canada, that "Mexican" is actually an AMERICAN. One whom was born in America, raised in America, and pays TAXES in America. OR that driver is "Legal" with a green card and other documentation that allows the driver to cross with the load.

The reason that we in America do not have a problem with Canadian drivers, is that Canadian drivers make a wage comparable to ours. Now..here is the great part. Canadian Drivers need to be just as aware about the Mexican Truck situation as are American drivers, because them mexican Trucks are headed for Canada to. Why put freight on a Canada truck, if the Mexican Truck is cheaper?
There is NOTHING in the regulations that prohibit Mexican trucks from Unloading in America, reloading for a Canadian destination, unloading in Canada, then reloading for either an American destination, or loading for Home..IF the DRIVER actually stays on the truck to head home.

Its useless man, like talking to my TV...

Then one would think you'd have stopped talking to your tv by now. By the way, what basis do you have for making that idiotic assertion? That's right...none. You'd do well to spend a few more minutes reading a history book to find out how old Canada is (in reference to another thread). I won't hold out too much hope for you but anything can happen I guess.

Stan, thanks for the explanation. Aren't Canadian drivers better paid then Americans though? I've heard many American drivers say that the pay sucks and Canadian drivers are pretty happy with their pay, new houses, new cars, etc.

Fozzy 03-11-2007 10:56 PM

Why would a professional Driver from Mexico need a "green card"?

mikey4069 03-12-2007 12:44 AM

Can someone tell me where all those mexican trucks are going to park while they are in the u.s.? I have a hard time finding a place to park some days .

mikey4069 03-12-2007 12:47 AM

You people who think mexican trucks are not going to be a problem you need to put down the crack pipe. wait tell one of them is pulling a hazmat in a city near you .....

Fozzy 03-12-2007 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey4069
Can someone tell me where all those mexican trucks are going to park while they are in the u.s.? I have a hard time finding a place to park some days .

Maybe they will be able to park in ONE space at a time...?

Fozzy 03-12-2007 12:54 AM

Quote:

You people who think mexican trucks are not going to be a problem you need to put down the crack pipe. wait tell one of them is pulling a hazmat in a city near you .....

Why would a professional Mexican driver be any worse that some of the "trainer teams" with completely clueless, scared, and dead tired newbies that are filling the highways?

mikey4069 03-12-2007 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fozzy
Quote:

Maybe they will be able to park in ONE space at a time...?

we are not even close to ready for all those trucks . ive read the reports on lack of truck parking in the U.S . and not even going to get started on background checks.

mikey4069 03-12-2007 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fozzy
Quote:

Why would a professional Mexican driver be any worse that some of the "trainer teams" with completely clueless, scared, and dead tired newbies that are filling the highways?

Your right so tell me why would you want to add to it. ???? We need to fix what we got before we add more trucks to the mess.

mikey4069 03-12-2007 01:03 AM

Do you not worry who's in the driver seat of that truck hauling hazmat. In the U.S and canada we have to go thru background checks to haul hazmat. you all want them running the highways i hope its your family he runs over not mine.

hoosierdaddy 03-12-2007 01:32 AM

love the emoticons! :lol: