Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Mexican truck access stalled by sensible politicians (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/25360-mexican-truck-access-stalled-sensible-politicians.html)

mccfry 03-06-2007 02:10 AM

Mexican truck access stalled by sensible politicians

http://www.washingtontimes.com/natio...3753-6194r.htm

Useless 03-06-2007 02:31 AM

Thanks for the update!!! Let's hope the succeed!! 8)

GMAN 03-06-2007 03:18 AM

It would be good if we all took time to call or write our congressional representatives and express our opinions on the matter. Remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease. It isn't a good idea to allow these Mexican trucks to come into this country until they can prove that they can meet our safety standards. It seems to me as though the large carriers want this to happen so that they will begin to have access to cheaper labor costs for drivers. Once the gate is open, there will be no stopping them. I have seen how some of these people have operated in places like Florida. I don't see how they can operate so cheap. I like approaching it from a security standpoint. I think it is a valid concern. Things don't operate the same south of the border. People are accustomed to paying off police and getting what they want from politicians by bribery and other means. It is a different world. The equipment I have seen doesn't come close to what we have in the U.S. Who is to say that they won't start smugging their fellow countrymen into the U.S. and Canada by using these 18 wheelers. Hauling human contraband is big business.

Cluggy619 03-06-2007 04:36 AM

Well, HOLY COW.....maybe some common sense will take place after all.

Makes me Proud of our Congress. :D :D :D

Twilight Flyer 03-06-2007 01:36 PM

Unlocking this one, too.

Lewis friend 03-06-2007 02:07 PM

I got no problem with "juan" or "jose" or even "maria" coming into the states with a truck so long as we can go into mexico with a truck and make a delivery also. But, as far as i know, we can't.

So, what, exactly, can we do to stop this. Please be explicit.

PackRatTDI 03-06-2007 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lewis friend
I got no problem with "juan" or "jose" or even "maria" coming into the states with a truck so long as we can go into mexico with a truck and make a delivery also. But, as far as i know, we can't.

You will be able to deliver into Mexico once NAFTA is fully implemented.

sweepwing 03-06-2007 02:43 PM

Airline crew member labor contracts have long had provisions in the case of crew members being kidnapped or detained while out of the country.

Look for American trucks being hijacked and the drivers being murdered or kidnapped by the corrupt Mexican government troops/police or by members of Mexico's fasted growing industry--professional kidnappers.

Ask your company what they will do for you in the event that you are kidnapped in Mexico. They will probably tell you that those things don't happen down there. Once kidnapped, your company won't even admit you even worked for them.

TCT 03-06-2007 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lewis friend

Why would you ever risk going down to that hell hole? You couldn't pay me enough to go back down there, especially with a semi full of goods.

Lewis friend 03-06-2007 03:34 PM

Ok, so i guess anywhere except Cancoon, Mex city, Juarez, and Neuve Laredo is unsafe? (actually, Neuve laredo is becoming unsafe).

I've been to Juarez and N.Laredo and had no problems. So, i guess going deep into Mexico is a problem?