User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2016, 08:19 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Breaker one nine. Long time no see.

Hey, not sure where to start.
I'm still with Sysco. 13 years and counting. The last 2 or 3 years have been life changing. Of course we have an 8 year old son, and we have a 5 month old( he was a blessing in disguise lol). In June of 2014, we moved to the Dallas area. I was able to transfer to Sysco Dallas. I've never liked dfw. After living there, and working there, I hated it! Crazy is an understatement. I didn't mind living there. There was plenty of stuff to do. (Not much to do in Wichita Falls) But working, delivering , driving, it was horrid. Every street, highway is like a racetrack. My wife is originally from South Georgia. August of last year, my father in law was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. He's still going so far. still doing chemo, hoping, praying for a miracle.
He having cancer, obviously my wife wanted to be closer to her folks. Back on the move again. Last month, July 1st, we loaded up and headed east. I transferred to Sysco Jacksonville. We are a little over an hour from her mom and dad!
I mostly deliver along the Florida/Georgia line. I like it here thus far. It's not Texas but it's nice. Only bad thing, it's so dang humid!! and trees! I've never seen so many trees!
Anyway, life is crazy but good. Glad to see y'all are still here. Wished I knew cad was still going. Good to see it's still here.

Last edited by Jackrabbit379; 08-03-2016 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:12 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Wabbit! ...there you are! Welcome back!
....yep ...you haven't miss nuthin' here

sorry to hear of your father in laws illness. I'll pray for his remission and recovery.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:32 PM
Board Icon

Thanks!
It is different over here. But good. I'm wanting to do some bass fishing but haven't had time. Still have to change over to Florida lisence and stuff. The beach is cool 😎

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 08-03-2016, 09:43 PM
Board Icon

Congrats on the new son!

I'm retired now, because of poor health, or I would be driving yet. Few others are done driving now too, like Wot, but he has gone on to get his Masters and now seeking a Doctorate. He is a Historian now. Windy also retired, and has been doing small engine and motorcycle repairs for fun. He is in your neck of the woods I think. Twilight has published a few books and Hobo is currently battling some health problems, but hopes to get back to driving. I haven't seen GMAN lately, so I hope he is doing okay. Some old-timers show up here to say hello, like Timberwolf, he was just here a while ago. Lots of familiar old faces here, lurking in the dark.

...like Scoe.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:49 PM
Board Icon

Hopefully hobo can recover from his and get back to work. Twilight flyer is doing good. He's gonna be the next Stephen King lol.
Life has been nuts lately. Hadn't had time to do anything.

Have y'all heard from yoopr?

Old 08-03-2016, 10:03 PM
Board Icon

I haven't been out fishing lately myself, but I usually don't care to fish during the summer, because of all the extra boats and people, and the extra activity on the lake.
Spring, Fall and Winter I fish a lot. Of course up here in N. Michigan, we fish on the ice in the winter, and that is great fun. When the water is cold, you can have the lakes all to yourself.

I'm riding my bicycle on the trails here in the summer for fun and I bought a solo canoe, for the exercise. I can't walk far without getting too sore, but found out I can ride a bicycle fine.
The canoe is harder on me, and usually only out in it for about an hour at a time.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:49 PM
Board Icon

I still like a "good paddling" so many nice little lakes around here, no matter how busy the larger ones are, you can find a smaller lake all to yourself.
I don't go out on Lake Michigan with a canoe, but if you have a sea kayak, you could.

One small lake nearby I catch lots of large mouth bass there. They don't get very big in this little lake, usually all the biggest ones are 16-18"
Real tough fighters. I'll actually only net maybe one out of 3 or 4 but i will get strike after strike all day long. Also, northern pike and blue gills in there, hiding under lily pads and cat tails.
The pike also reach only a medium size, but again great action and strikes even a kid with a cane pole could get. Great place for a father and son.... or a grandpa, like some of you guys.

Old 08-04-2016, 12:16 AM
Board Icon

Here's a couple from last year.

Old 08-04-2016, 12:52 PM
Board Icon

Nice catch! I use lures myself sometimes, but mostly I like to use a red & white bobber to a splitshot and hook with a minnow. I have a couple lures that get me action almost as soon as it hits the water.
One is an orange colored X-rap rapala with white feathers on the back hook. The other is a yellow grub spinner. The spinner usually gets me pike, and the x-rap bass. The minnow gets them all, even big blue gills or perch.

Well, now you have me all excited about fishing! I wish you lived nearby. I'd get you in front of some fish, some time on your day off. I was planning on going oot & aboot (out in a boat) pretty soon, as I'm hungry for a plate of fresh perch. Also, been wanting to get out in the big lake soon, and go after some lake trout and salmon. All the boats coming in, arrrrh bringing nice catches, sez aye.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Welcome back rabbit! Never had any interaction with you but i do remember reading your posts. Yoopr?? Man that's a name from way back! he split a long time ago (7,8 years ago??)
Not much on fishin but I drown worms with the best of em, I'll just sit and let my mind drift off to

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington