User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 06:17 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Power Inverter for BIPAP Sleep Apnea Machine

Can anyone recommend a good 2000 watt, preferably a hard wired unit, that can run a bipap machine? It will be going in a 2012 Freightliner Concordia.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:08 AM
Senior Board Member

I've had the same 1,500 watt Cobra for 7 years now, with no issues whatsoever out of it. Are you sure you need that much power? My 1,500 watt will run a microwave, fridge & tv at the same time. Also, just so you know, any power inverter larger than 400watts will be wired direct to the battery. If you're a company driver, make sure that you can install one, or if they'll install it for you. Some companies will let you pay to have it installed, will install your own inverter themselves, will make you pay for a specific inverter and installation, will only allow you to use 'plug in' inverters or will flat-out not let you use any inverters of any sort.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:56 AM
Rookie

My Company Shop Supervisor is the one that recommended the 2000 watt. They will install it for me no charge, I just have to provide the stuff. I bought a cobra from Amazon.com with all wires, fuses, etc. for $200, so I thought that wasn't bad. I probably could use a 1500, but I figured if I had the fridge and the bipap going I wanted the bigger one, incase the fridge kicked on at same time as bipap.