User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default And now...from Corporate America.

Pegasus TransTech facilitates HOS feedback
Quote:

Feb 22, 2011 3:00 PM

Pegasus TransTech, in response to requests from fleet customers, is providing drivers a free and easy method to provide feedback to the Department of Transportation concerning the proposed hours of service (HOS) regulation changes.

Pegasus TransTech has joined the American Trucking Associations (ATA) to encourage industry and driver opposition to proposed HOS regulation changes by allowing drivers to use TRANSFLO Express truckstop scanning to send their letters of protest. Letters are available at all Pilot, Flying J, and Love’s truckstops and can be sent from those locations using TRANSFLO Express with no charge to fleets or drivers.

With TRANSFLO Express, drivers hand delivery documents to a trained cashier for scanning at almost 800 truckstop locations in the United States and Canada, including Pilot, Flying J, and Love’s. In seconds, these documents are sent electronically to the fleet for immediate billing and payroll processing. In this instance, protest letters will be sent directly to the ATA, which will forward them to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration that proposed the HOS rules.

Looks like company executives are starting to realize that THEIR paychecks are now in danger...................................finally!!
Old 03-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Senior Board Member

And What is Pegasus Transtech??? And why is this 'feedback option' only for people wanting to express opposition to new HOS?
Old 03-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
And What is Pegasus Transtech??? And why is this 'feedback option' only for people wanting to express opposition to new HOS?
I haven't used this software, but sounds like a nice tool for drivers who are out 2-3 week stretches. I turn in bills when I return to my home terminal, or at times, Fed Ex my bills back to the office from the road.
This software lets you scan your doc's and it gets forwarded to your carrier, to expedite settlement.

This software company is offering the use of their product to help drivers forward their feedback to the DOT concerning the proposed hours of service (HOS) regulation changes.

Truckers have few advocates, and this feedback option is being added to help truckers have their voice heard in regards to HOS legislation.
On proposed bills, you will see lobbyists fighting hard to kill a bill. I don't know what the % of truckers are union, but if you are not organized, or have powerful lobbyists advocating for you, you have to speak out on your own behalf.
It's hard as hell to get truckers together to hammer common sense into the idiots making up our laws and regulations.