User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2011, 05:44 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Wow! First post by someone who's been lurking since November, and she(?) makes it on THIS thread?

I suppose there's a story behind that Username, and I wouldn't mind hearing it.... if, it's not too painful.

I sure hope you aren't referring to OUR "Snowman7" ??

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanswidow View Post
Wow, Shawn Phillips...what a blast from the past. I heard him and immediately went out and bought the album even though it wasn't the hard rock that I loved in the 70s, he really touched me with the songs on that piece of vinyl. Thanks Timberwolf, great memories there.
Yea Another great artist my brother turned me onto, His album "Second Contribution" is an amazing piece of work, I used to listen to it over and over during my years in college. Then I moved on with my career and family and kind of got lost in the ways that I listened to music. 2010 was an extremely rough year for me in the realm of dealing with my children and their desire to be all grown up while still not being grown up and me trying my hardest to understand them and not being able to comprehend what choices they are making just as my father did not understand / comprehend me. it's an evil cycle that I am just now coming to terms with and going back to the music of my youth has helped tremndously, it has even given me some common ground with my 15 year old daughter, while she may not like me very much these days we are still able to communicate on this level, She is a huge John Lennon fan along with other bands like the Sex Pistols, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and even Neil Young in conjunction with her taste of today that she shares with me.. Start talking about boys or drugs with her and she shuts down, but music is universal to youth and that has been my saving grace these last 8 months.

YouTube - Shawn Phillips - The ballad of Casey Deiss

YouTube - Shawn Phillips - Looking Up

Timberwolf

Last edited by Kentla93; 01-07-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:57 PM

An oldie but goodie.....Linda Rondstadt live in 80 doing "You're no Good" ........too bad this isn't a studio version, there is some cool guitar/bass play around the 2:40 mark.

YouTube - Linda Ronstadt - You're no Good Live
Old 01-14-2011, 06:49 PM
Rookie

Hey Golfhobo, Not really my first post, just changed my handle here from 'thephoneispapa' after I lost my best friend, hubby and love of my life on June 23rd of '09. He was long-haul for many years, then when our 2 little grandson's came along he finally found a local job driving for Budweiser from a local distribution center to warehouses all over Montana. Still driving the big rigs, but home every night except Tuesday, when HOS required he stay in a motel 200 miles from home. He called every Tuesday at about the same time to tell me what his room number was, then he'd go get supper and I would call his room so he could tell the grandson's and me goodnight. Well, on that day in June, he didn't answer...the room clerk went to check and he was dead from a massive heart attack at 59 years old. The 'snowman' handle came from his ability to plow through some of the worst weather that Montana handed him and still deliver the beer.
Trucking, truck drivers and this site have been such a positive part of my life, I still lurk regularly and probably always will. It's my way of keeping up with the greatest bunch of men and women out there today.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:46 AM
Senior Board Member

I have always enjoyed Carlos Santana and others over the years, but one of my all time favorites is:

YouTube - Robin Trower Bridge Of Sighs

Robin Trower.... and the album "Bridge of Sighs"

But what really "bites" is that a lot of the people passing away now a days....are my age!!

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Board Regular

Robin Trower NICE....

Here's another good one I always love Joe's facial expressions, always looks as if he is trying to get that last little bit of drainage into his system after doing a few huge lines...

YouTube - JOE WALSH TURN TO STONE

Timberwolf
Old 01-16-2011, 03:07 AM

He looks just a "little" stoned there. Too many great hits and musicians from the 70's and early 80's....let's not forget the other "Turn to Stone" by ELO
Newer version of Turn to Stone