User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2007, 08:38 AM
Board Regular
Location: NOT TELLING....but it is in the same state that the Ohio State Buckeyes play!!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default If you have experience with mp3 players like I-pod,Rhapsody

I had an Mp3 player given to me as a gift. I did not really read the fine print but i went ahead and downloaded about 350 songs. It was a Rhapsody mp3 player with two months free subscription. I thought it meant you had 2 months to download as many songs as the player can hold...... So for 2 months i was enjoying my new library of music while driving OTR.

A message started appearing on the Mp3 player telling me to "renew" my subscription by connecting the mp3 player to the internet.

So i turn on the mp3 player today and 280 songs are gone, i have 79 songs that i put on from Limewire and now the songs are skipping and pausing all of a sudden!!

Is this the way MP3 players all work?? Do you have to keep paying to keep the songs or is it just Rhaphsody??

I called customer service but I can't understand what they are saying most of the time because they speak broken English.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:35 PM

I have an ipod and no, it doesn't do that. I have tons of limewire downloaded songs on mine. My friends ipod took a crap on him not too long after he got it and Apple told him that since he had illegally donwloaded music on it (limewire), he voided his warranty. They said that it caused the demise of his ipod, but who really knows...

W.C.