WHY TRANSPORT AMERICA
At Transport America it starts with a philosophy of driver respect and engagement, and the belief that the dedicated, hard-working men and women behind the wheel deserve more. More opportunity. More autonomy. More appreciation. And, perhaps most importantly, more time at home. This trucking company was built from the pavement up around this driver-first mission. With new equipment, better pay, flexible routes, and the best support in the industry, we're empowering drivers to make smart choices in the name of safety, not profit. In an industry that's been plagued for too long by broken promises and misinformation, this much is clear: change is here, and it began with the great men and women who are driving this company in the right direction.
INSURANCE + BENEFITS
- Full major medical through Cigna/Health Partners
- Starts on the 91st day of employment
- Day 1 supplemental insurance available
- 401k, dental, vision, short & long term disability & life insurance available
- Paid vacation
- Pay for performance pay raises
- Transport America rewards program for additional bonuses
- Transport America has been independently certified as a Top-Paying Carrier by the National Transportation Institute
- Additional $.04 cents per mile for Hazmat Endorsement
- Sure pay electronic payment system allows drivers to check and correct their wages in real-time
- Accessorial Pay
- Our drivers are the captains of their ship, they make the call when it's safe to drive and when it’s not. No questions asked.
- Transport America is founded on the values of safety, respect & integrity, creative positive company culture, and a passion for excellence
- #1 overall dry freight carrier according to Logistics Management Magazine
- We listen, it's in our DNA & how we strive every day to provide the best driver experience in the industry. Our drivers have a voice & our doors are always open at every level of the organization
- Named 2015 Fleet of the Year For-Hire by Fleet Owner Magazine
Our fleet is made up of Freightliner Cascadia & Kenworth T680 tractors. The average age of our tractors is 2 years old. They are available in red, white and blue. Our tractor to trailer ratio is 3:1. Inverters can be installed. All new models feature opti idle & park smart.
- Transport America has 12 support centers throughout the country to provide services for our professional drivers.
- Our support centers feature a drivers lounge, internet access, quiet room, showers, laundry facilities, exercise equipment, ATM machines, a business center, a TA gear shop, and most are open 24/7 365 days a year.