This company is inactive
5135 HWY 78,
Transcarriers is a viable, Memphis-based transportation company that offers multiple opportunities for its Over the Road, Company, and Owner Operator fleet. Transcarriers has experienced constant, well-planned expansion that allows our drivers to experience personal and professional growth. Transcarriers has maintained turnover significantly below the National Average that supports our motto, “Stop The Job Hopping”. So work for a company that is based on names, not numbers….Transcarriers, building relationships and building for the future.
Transcarriers, Inc. is a privately owned and operated motor carrier falling under the corporate umbrella of Daco Corporation. Dwayne Gallaher CEO and owner of Daco began his own trucking operation in 1982. In the early nineties, due to impressive growth, the decision was made to purchase nineteen acres in south Shelby County on Highway 78. An office and maintenance facility were constructed with 10 acres of asphalt trailer parking. This is currently the home of Transcarriers.
Today Transcarriers operates over 250 late model trucks and 500 dry vans. Its scope of business includes over the road dry vans operating in primarily the eastern two thirds of the United States, intermodal drayage within a 150 miles radius of Memphis, dedicated city operations, trailer parking and storage on nineteen acres.
Transcarriers attributes much of its success to its dedicated employees. In an industry that changes almost daily, all employees must continuously adapt to the needs of drivers and customers to provide safe, outstanding service and maintaining a competitive price.
We are customer driven. Transcarriers’ customer base consists of several Fortune 500 customers. Our marketing strategy has been to secure customers with multiple shipping locations in order to keep our trucks moving in desirable lanes. In addition to this, freight has been strategically solicited to minimize any slow periods of freight activity.
The rate of future growth will be determined by two factors: the ability to secure quality traffic at a profitable rate and to identify and employ safe professional drivers. This combination will insure Transcarriers will be one of the best transportation companies for many years to come.
Minimum Hiring Requirements
- Must be at least 23 years of age at time of application.
- Must have at least 6 months current/recent verificable Long-Haul OTR experience with truck-load carrier, pulling 48-53′ dry vans. Regional or local experience does not count.
- Must have a good driving record. No DUI or DWI convictions within the past 3 years. No careless or reckless driving violations. No excessive speeding violations.
- No failures or refusals to take substance or alcohol tests.
- Must pass D.O.T. physical and pre-employment drug screen at our company doctor.
- Must have license in the state of residence. Hazmat endoresement is not required.
- Must provide documents that establish identity and employment eligibility as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act. List of required documents on the back of application.
Call 877-839-3602 today and ask for Theresa Mountjoy or Regina Kaigler!