Full Time Driver / Operator wanted! - Saunder's Electric LLC
7 days ago
Job Title: Driver / Operator
Position type: Full time
Reports to: Director of Sports Entertainment Services
Pay: Salaried position, whether on the road or not. Position starts at $65,000 eligible for annual performance increase between 3-5%.
Overtime: On days where overtime is worked past 10 hours per day, there is an additional
overtime rate of $40 / per hour while on the job.
Training: Drivers will be expected to have driving skills; Electrical skills preferred but not required. All electrical training will be provide prior to any jobs performed.
Time on the Road: Drivers could make local deliveries, or be required to be on the road for weeks at a time depending on the time of year, and volume of workload company is experiencing.
Time off: Time off will be given according to company PTO schedule. Special consideration and extra time given to those who spend extended periods of time on the road so there is a good work / life balance.
States Traveled: Saunders is the premier power solutions provider for the LIVE BROADCAST sports entertainment, so we never know where we are going to be until the sports industry dictates what and where is going to be broadcast.
Saunders LLC travels to every state with exception to the state of California. We have a company located there that handles all business within the state of California, but we go EVERYWHERE else within the United States.
Summary: The Driver/Operator will be required to work on the road as well as in the shop, performing the duties and responsibilities below. The primary job function is to drive equipment to and from event sites, set-up and install electrical equipment, monitor all equipment and functionality of services while onsite including primary point of contact for customer, providing optimum customer service levels, removal of all electrical equipment and delivery to next point of destination. Over the road interstate travel is required and at times for several weeks in a row. The position requires working alone or with a team on the job sites with client as a single representative of the company.
- Full understanding of, and compliance with all current CDL laws and requirements.
- Daily vehicle inspection reports, maintaining accurate driver log book, and mileage reports
- Ensuring the vehicle is current on service intervals
- Properly and safely securing all loads in or on the vehicle
- Tracking and logging all expenses on company expense report forms
- Tracking work time as required
- Submit to random DOT drug testing
- Assisting the Fleet manager with fleet maintenance
- Dry Van and Flatbed will be driven
Show Tech Responsibilities:
- Will be responsible for the design and development of job orders
- Assess job order equipment needs and processes equipment reservation form
- Ensure materials are available for date of shipment, prepping and packaging for date of delivery
- Completes maintenance of load sheets, labor forms and single lines (The Show Book) to company standards
- Will follow production established schedule for hours worked
- Maintain all generator log sheets to company standards
- Work with office personnel to coordinate fuel deliveries, service and maintenance of generators
- Communicate with office personnel to report and troubleshoot all potential issues
- Performing minor repairs in the field per instruction from office personnel
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing clients and union personnel
- Supervise union crew and labor crew on site
- Understand the set-up and operation of parallel generators
- Saunders Sync and UPS systems
- Communicates effectively with the on-site technical supervisors
- Troubleshoots potential challenges and reports back to supervisor with plan of action when issues arise
- Shop time must be utilized to its full potential, providing maintenance to equipment, maintaining shop projects, assisting the rental department and meeting any other need that arises
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of generators and diesel engines a plus
- Ability to interact professionally and positively with customers and co-workers at all times, including when under pressure
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic and customer service driven
- CDL License with clean MVR required
- Available to work prolonged hours, ability to be on the road for extended periods of time.
- Able to travel via commercial airline when required
- Able to pass criminal background check, drug screen and safety verifications per DOT requirements
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, and this job description may be changed as needed, at the sole discretion of Saunders Electric.
This job may require working evenings, weekends, warehouse environments, and outdoors.
This position may be physically challenging, require standing for long periods of time, lifting up to 100 lbs. and involve performing repetitive tasks.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Retirement Plan