Truck Driver CDL - Front Load Driver ($3K - $5K Sign-On Bonus!)
Front Load Drivers safely and efficiently operate heavy-duty trucks with a front end load lift attachment. Drivers are responsible for providing the pick-up service of containers filled with waste or recyclable material. Driver navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, lots and may operate in tight overhead environments while on route. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential too successfully perform this job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Atlas Disposal Industries safety rules and operating procedures, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report). .
- Operates computerized mobile tablet to track progress on route, complete stops, enters notes and landfill information.
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Supervisor or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required or directed by Supervisor.
- Works closely with Dispatch and Supervisor to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Immediately notifies Supervisor or Dispatch of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed customers, streets, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Supervisor.
- Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or replacement.
- Ensures the size and number of containers on the route reconciles to the service level listed on service list.
- Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
- Positions and returns containers on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced, enclosure doors are closed and secured, and containers do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
- Maintains radio contact with Dispatch and Supervisor to communicate.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Supervisor or Dispatch and assists other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
Experience: 1 year of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving.
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License with an air-brake endorsement
- Acceptable driving record required.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check and motor vehicle record review.
Below are key points regarding the physical requirements and work environment of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arms, hands, fingers, and legs dexterity.
- Required to frequently climb in and out of vehicle.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 100 pounds frequently.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a heavy duty vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, trash, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from route to route and in some cases be greater or lesser than noted here.
- Retirement Plan