Location: South Plainfield, N.J.
Signing Bonus: $2,000 ($1,000 paid 1 month following date of hire, $1,000 paid 6 months following date of hire and continuous employment)
Pay Rate: Approximately $26.60/hour (base and yardage bonus net estimate)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Silvi Concrete of South Plainfield, a progressive, integrated, manufacturer and supplier of concrete, is seeking Local Delivery Drivers. If you are hardworking, dedicated and want to be home with your family every night, you should be working for Silvi Concrete. Our great benefits and high pay rates reflect the significant responsibility of this job and include an hourly rate plus a bonus for every yard of concrete you deliver. Apply today and get the satisfaction of knowing you helped build your community! Our Drivers deliver locally and are home every night.
The Silvi Group Companies have been working on expanding their “A” Team of employees since 1947! Our team has grown to 11 companies employing over 450 employees at 18 locations across New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania. We have developed the Silvi Group Companies by literally building our community, taking on the most complex concrete projects in the region, and becoming a pillar of support for customers throughout our territories.
Our employees contribute directly to our aggressive growth and we enjoy giving back by developing our employees with professional opportunities as well as a comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits includes excellent medical (health, Rx, dental, vision), personal time (vacation, sick, holidays) and a great retirement package. Our close knit environment develops a culture in which we work hard but get to know each and every employee that helps us build our future. If you are driven, creative, and want to see your contributions reflected in real time, come work for us!
Position Essential Functions Responsibilities
- Maintain the highest standard of quality and safety while ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of concrete.
- Operate an 80,000 lbs ready-mix truck with automatic transmission.
- Perform pre and post-trip inspections in accordance with DOT guidelines; document and request required repairs as needed.
- Load and discharge concrete according to prescribed procedures involving the use of ladders, main chutes and extension chutes, as well as driving in and out of areas with heavy pedestrian and equipment traffic.
- Check loads pursuant to company policy to estimate slump of concrete, distinguish between different color mixes and identify loads that are out of specifications.
- Read and understand delivery tickets and clearly communicate with the dispatch department via radio and tablet regarding all deliveries.
- Wash residual concrete and materials off all areas of the truck and barrel.
- Maintain delivery, truck and driving records in accordance with company policies, as well as federal and state regulations.
- Must possess at least a valid CDL B or A License. No endorsements are required but the CDL cannot have an "L" Airbrake restriction or "K" Intrastate restriction.
- Must pass a DOT physical and drug screen.
- Able to work a variable schedule. The schedule changes daily and Drivers do not have the schedule until the day before as our client project start times often change. Start times are anytime between 12 a.m. (midnight) and 9 a.m.
- Must be able to work Saturdays.
- Must be able to work 40-65 hours per week during the busy season.
- Must be comfortable with heights
In a typical work setting, people in this job:
- Lift 50 pounds regularly and up to 100 pounds on occasion.
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Kneel, stoop, crouch, bend, stretch, twist or crawl.
- Hear sounds and recognize the difference between them.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
No smoking is permitted on or within company property, including inside trucks, buildings, or anywhere on the premises.
The Silvi Group Companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Retirement Plan