Title of Position: CDL A Truck Driver (Manual Stick Shift Exp Required)
Location: Bristol, P.A.
Signing Bonus: $4,000 ($2,000 paid 1 month following date of hire, $2,000 paid 6 months following date of hire and continuous employment).
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Rate: Rate Per Bulk Ton. Approximate 1st year earnings are $70,000+/year. Long term drivers in this position can earn up to $100,000+/year.
Riverside Construction Materials, a progressive, integrated, manufacturer and supplier of construction building materials, is seeking Class ‘A’ CDL Driver to deliver dry bulk material. Our Drivers deliver locally and are home every night. The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of cement to our internal and external customers in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.
Position Essential Functions Responsibilities
- As a driver/operator you will operate a tank truck in the timely transportation of cement powder to and from destinations.
- Perform pre and post-trip inspections in accordance with DOT guidelines; document and request required repairs as needed.
- Driving in and out of areas with heavy pedestrian and equipment traffic.
- Read and understand delivery tickets and clearly communicate with the dispatch department via radio and tablet regarding all deliveries.
- Maintain delivery, truck and driving records in accordance with company policies, as well as federal and state regulations.
- Load, unload and secure cement powder as needed.
- Maintains good vehicle appearance and internal cleanliness.
- As part of the job description, there are times when the drivers are asked to do some sweeping, shoveling and general labor.
- Maintains the highest standard of quality and safety in all aspects of the job.
- Must possess a valid CDL-A License. No endorsements are required but the CDL cannot have an "L" Airbrake restriction or "K" Intrastate restriction.
- TWIC card is preferred but not required.
- At least 3 months experience commercially driving a manual/stick shift transmission required.
- Able to work a Monday through Saturday schedule.
- Must be comfortable with heights.
- Must be able to lift 40-50 pounds on a regular basis, throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb on traditional and truck ladders.
- Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Stand/sit for long periods of time.
- Kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl.
- Hear sounds and recognize the difference between them.
- Make fast, repeated movements of fingers, hands, and wrists while driving.
- Bend, stretch, twist, or reach out.
- Move two or more limbs together (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while remaining in place.
- Hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- Use muscles to jump, sprint, or throw objects.
- Use muscles for extended periods of time.
- Be physically active for long periods of time.
- Determine from which direction a sound came.
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
No smoking is permitted on or within company property, including inside trucks, buildings, or anywhere on the premises.
Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Pension, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Competitive Pay, Overtime when necessary
The Silvi Group Companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Retirement Plan