Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests.
The Class “A” Driver (Liquid) is responsible for the transportation of hazardous waste (tank, van, and/or roll-off dump trailer) from a generator/facility to a Clean Harbors facility and/or an outside disposal facility adhering to Department of Transportation (DOT) and hazardous waste (HAZMAT) regulations.
• Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
• Ensure proper loading and unloading of hazardous waste/non-hazardous waste (i.e., compatibility’s of liquid to tank, etc.); Adhere to weight limits and ensure proper utilization of Company equipment.
• Proper placarding of vehicles to meet Company and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements/regulations.
• Maintain daily logs, worksheets timecard, expense reports, dispatch & trip reports and vehicle inspection reports.
• Comply with Company policies & procedures and Health & Safety procedures, Department of Transportation (DOT), Hazardous Materials/Waste (HAZMAT) and RCRA requirements/regulations.
• Adhere to assigned milk run schedule of pick-ups and drop-offs.
• Communicate regularly with Coordinators regarding daily time and demurrage.
• Maintain a professional appearance (by wearing Company supplied uniforms and ID badge, which are required per Company policy) and courteous demeanor with internal and external customers.
• Maintain and clean assigned Company equipment as well as ensure equipment is mechanically sound and in good working order at all times
• Because of the emergency response and operational nature of the position, a continuing condition of employment is that the applicant/candidate acknowledges and agrees to be on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and on occasion will require work during week-ends and holidays.
• Keep your training record up to date with all DOT /OSHA and Company required training.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• 1+ years HAZMAT transportation experience
• Possess Class “A” CDL License with Hazardous Waste and Tank Endorsements
• Strong mechanical ability
• Attend 40 Hour OSHA training and New Driver training
• Specific equipment training
• Able to make real-time decisions in the field, travel and use mobile computer
• Able to work with little to no direct supervision and an aptitude to complete assigned work
• Clean Driving record, for the purposes of CHESI, include:
o No more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years
o No DUI/DWI in past 3 years
o No preventable accidents in the past year
o No more than 2 preventable accidents in the last 3 years
o No serious moving violations in past 3 years, i.e., Reckless driving, Driving to endanger, Open alcohol containers, etc.
• Able to travel 100% of the time
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs from the ground to your shoulder
• Ability to climb a ladder up to 10 feet high
• Must have good balance (walking on cat walks of the tanker)
• Ability to pull open a truck hood
• Ability to climb under a truck for inspection
• Ability to reach over your head (Operating shut off valves and changing placards)
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.
Class A Driver, waste driver, hazmat driver, hazardous driver, CDL Driver, local driver, regional driver
- Retirement Plan