Mondel?z Global LLC, a leading global snacking company is now hiring a CDL A Local Deliver Driver in Memphis,TN. This is a union role. Start times for this role will be at 6pm or 4am. The driver will deliver products, including temperature-controlled foods safely and on time. You will stock your truck with our products, drive to stores and warehouses and unload at locations where needed and be back home in the evening. Mondel?z is known for their iconic brands and is proud to be recognized on the following lists: Most Innovative Companies, #108 on the Fortune 500, World’s Most Admired Companies, Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality and more. Join our team and accelerate your career!
Home Daily | Reliable Routes | Competitive Pay
- Average weekly pay: $820 for the first 3 months, $860 after 3 months, $900 after 6 months, $940 after 1 year
- Hourly rate: $20.50 to start, $21.50 after 3 months, $22.50 after 6 months and $23.50 after 1 year
- Competitive hourly rate with 40 average hours per week
- Opportunity for OT at 45 to 50 hours
- Sign-on Bonus: $7,000 paid in 1 installment after 90 days of employment
- Driver Referral Bonus: $300 paid out after 90 days from employee’s start date
- Paid via direct deposit weekly
Benefits & Perks:
- Excellent Benefits beginning 1st of the month following 60 days of employment
- Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, and Vision
- Wellness Programs
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Care Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Healthcare Savings Account (HSA)
- Healthcare and Dependent care account (DCA)
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- 401(k) with company matching
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid orientation, including travel expenses
- Paid training programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Perks: EZ / Toll Pass, GPS, 24/7 dispatch, roadside assistance, uniforms, cell phones, restaurant/retail discounts, home and auto insurance.
Home Time, Routes, & Schedule:
- Home every day
- Shift: starting at 6pm or 4am
- Workdays: Monday - Saturday
- Responsibilities: 80% driving, 20% warehouse
- Route: Interstate between 3 states. No Cross-Dock position
- Level of touch: Combination touch and no touch freight
- Delivery routes can require routine lifting and stepping on and off the truck at each stop. This route averages 8-14 stops per shift.
- Automatic transmission
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid CDL A license
- 1-2 years driving experience preferred
- Direct Store Delivery experience is a plus
- Proven experience of safe driving behavior and no serious driving convictions in the last 5 years. All accidents and moving violations will be reviewed.
- Must have no DUIs/ OWIs within the last 5 years.
- Must be registered with the FMCSA’s Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse.
- Must be able to successfully pass DOT pre-employment drug test, DOT physical, MVR and national background screen.
- Basic understanding of temperature-controlled food transportation preferred.
- Able to use smart phones or tablets and ELD for logging positions and driving times
- Display flexibility toward daily changing routes and working times.
- Possess a great customer-oriented attitude, displaying our values to the customers you deliver goods to.
- General understanding of vehicle mechanics to communicate problems in case of breakdowns and to perform basic repairs yourself
- Driver should live within 30 miles of Memphis, TN
- Retirement Plan